NEED YOUR OPINION ON MY ACCENT PLEASE...

Rate this topic

AmirMaor

Hey AmirMaor,

I think what you're asking by "how BAD is my accent"

is whether or not it is "noticeable"? Or if you have a "pronounced" accent.. am I correct in this assumption? And the answer is yes, you do have a "noticeable" accent. But, your English seems very good, and your accent does not interfere with understanding your lyrics, at all. Nice job on the video by the way.. :)

Not a big problem with your accent, though I can hear it. Your consonants are a bit strong, especially the 'T' sound. Also, phrasing. You hurry "said to me." To me is ahead of the beat. Also, vowels, to a lesser degree, for you. You used eh sound for "had." Which is okay but you could also use ah sound and it would sound a little more english. And if you are aiming for a more american sound, you are almost there. Just remember that americans are lazy in pronunciation. S sounds are often more like Z sounds. T is closer to D.

On the phrase "said to me," you could try "s -eh - d t - oh m - ee," as opposed to your sehd too mee.

Just some ideas. And I really liked your singing of this song.

"You hurry "said to me." To me is ahead of the beat." --> you mean not in the beat?

"On the phrase "said to me," you could try "s -eh - d t - oh m - ee," as opposed to your sehd too mee." -- > i'll try it (sound good )

Tnx for the helpful comment :) really help...

• 2 weeks later...