My cover of "Hole Hearted" by Extreme - Thanks Felipe!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Many thanks to Felipe for sending me the backing track. I hope it's as well received as yours :)

And just a note that I mentioned to Felipe that I had been considering doing this tune for quite a while but I could not find a decent backing track for it. He did not hesitate to send me the track he used. I love this board :)

Anyway, here it is. Compliment, criticize, or other. But please leave a comment and let me know what you thought about it.

:) That was pretty cool. :D

I don't have a comment about your singing, other than it was awesome.

Your vocals were a little muddy in the mix though. I don't know much about recording so I can not give any advice on how to clean it up, but I am sure it was in the recording process and not your vocals.

Such a little thing why even mention it? Because a little cleaner would have been perfection. :cool:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

:) That was pretty cool. :D

I don't have a comment about your singing, other than it was awesome.

Your vocals were a little muddy in the mix though. I don't know much about recording so I can not give any advice on how to clean it up, but I am sure it was in the recording process and not your vocals.

Such a little thing why even mention it? Because a little cleaner would have been perfection. :cool:

I agree about the muddiness of the vocal track. I can't seem to get that clean sound back. I left my iPad out with the app open and my son, who is 7 years old, thought it was a game and started playing with it and totally changed the settings I had. Unfortunately I hadn't saved my mic and effect settings and now I can't re-capture them. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get them back, but because I sort of stumbled across the original settings I'm lost. I really know nothing about sound engineering and do everything by ear. Also, the mic I have is a cheap stage mic. I'm hinting around for a better mic and a pair of professional headphones for Father's Day :cool:

Thanks for the kind words re: my singing. :)

I liked it! Got a Michael Bolton-ish sound. (which is no small feat) . The vocal mix sounds simply like an EQ issue. Add some highs, make sure lows are shelved.

www.drop-head.com

I liked it, in spite of the muddy mix. A testament to your recovery skills. Even your "crap" mix is better than most I have done. Though I am getting better.

As an aside, I did not realize that you were as tall as I am (info in another thread) because your avatar pic looks like a selfie of you and your better half while seated.

I am not nearly as photogenic, so my avatar is my dog, Shadow, aka "Pretty Boy."