Mayday Parade - You Be the Anchor Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys,

I recently did a cover of Mayday Parade's "You Be the Anchor" and was hoping for your guys' opinions, feedback, etc, I've received a lot of great advice from you guys already but I know that I can always improve. Thanks guys :)

In my opinion, what makes singers really GREAT singers, is the ability to tell a story with their voice, and to apply emotion to it. You've done that so well with this song. I didn't listen to this song, I *felt* this song. And as Martha Stewart would say, "that's a good thing." ;)

Stay strong. You never know who you might be inspiring.

Thanks guys :) I didn't expect such encouraging responses. It seriously means the world. I just want people to feel the music the way I do...to deliver that feeling you get when you hear a really good/emotionally riveting song for the first time; I want to turn that around and do it for others. Hopefully someday I can do it for a living but I'm not sure how to get the proper exposure. Just a 19 year old college student doing simple gigs and such hoping to get somewhere with my music.

So to hear your comment Cat A. Tonic really makes me feel happy

Anyways, for recording I used a Zoom H4N with an AT-2035 condenser mic for all of the guitar and vocal parts, mixed in Pro Tools 11. Probably not the most efficient recording process but I'm working on getting a decent audio interface. But thanks again guys :)