My cover of "Let It Go" from Frozen

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone, I'm Alebeli.

I'm a completely amateur singer who hasn't taken a single singing lesson ever (or music lesson, for that matter), so do expect an accordingly inexperienced performance. I do love singing very much, and I'm sure every person in this forum does as well.

Here is my cover of Let It Go, from the Disney move Frozen. Recorded using my iPhone as a microphone, since I do not have any professional equipment.

http://www.4shared.com/music/MRQ9akFEce/lig.html (there's a preview player; no need to download the whole file!)

I have always wondered if I sound extremely strange, or even worse, completely unsuitable for singing. Hopefully I could receive valuable pointers as to how I could sound more appealing and pleasant to the ears.

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, or if I've made anyone feel like they wasted their time.

Thanks!

Hey alebeli,

First of all thanks for sharing! This is my very "unprofessionial, no formal training" opinion...

I think you have potential and promise. You have ability, and I like your voice. You were off key in a few places, and resonance could be improved upon, maybe some vibrato in a few places, but this can be achieved with lots of practice! Maybe you could benefit from some vocal coaching (as can I!) But, bottomline, you have potential!! Don't give up! Keep working at it, and you could be wonderful! Take care. :)

Stay strong. You never know who you might be inspiring.

You sound pretty good when you start to "let it go" (pun intended, lol). But seriously, when you get to the chorus and you start to increase your volume you start sounding pretty good. Nice tone and form. However you do go a little sharp on the "go". During the the rest of the song it is difficult to hear you, other than when you go flat. I think you need to sing that song in the proper key for your voice. It just seemed too low for you and you were straining a bit.

Keep it up though. You have a strong start I think.

Eric