What happened to the "National Anthem" thread?

Rate this topic

I vaguely remember something like that.

I also remember when the forum was trying to do skype conferences for a short while but there seemed to be a problem in recording the thing and then getting into a shared file for us all. Plus going across all the time zones. Funny enough, the prime time for that was during my drive home from work.

I can't remember if it was in the conference they thought about everyone taking a stab at the US National Anthem. A demanding range of melody, usually sung in full voice. A challenge, if there ever was one.

For me, that bar is set by Lou Gramm. He sings a capella, in the original key, no embellishments. Awesome.

Actually, I was referring to a thread that was posted supposedly showing someone singing the National Anthem at a basketball game and asking for critiques of it. When I watched the video it was some American Idol runner-up and I asked if the original poster was this young girl or not. I believe Adolf commented on the thread as well.

As soon as I asked the question the thread vanished.

???

But in response to your reply, I think we SHOULD have a thread with members submitting their versions of the National Anthem of their country. And no "interpretations" of them. Done as reverently and as close to original as possible. No backing track, no effects. All voice.

Should we?