My Wave (soundgarden)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I started posting covers on TRP and my own forum while I was banned from this site, but I will share this here too. My most recent vocal cover. My wave as sung by a bass-baritone. Let me know what you think!

https://app.box.com/s/nkhqwy4xdgu5z13qdoj6

So obviously I have a slightly lower range.. The sound I made here was notably different than Cornell's, but I really want to get those awesome screams he does, so this was good practice. It's a tricky thing. :)

I'm thinking about doing another soundgarden tune, but I cannot find any tracks for the one I really want to do, 'holy water'.. Seems like badmotorfinger only has two instrumental tracks floating around. :mad: Might take a shot at 'rusty cage' instead.

Finally had a chance to listen to this.

Awesome, well done, perfect.

Nice Cornell melody. But I could hear sounds in your voice of others. First, some Phil Anselmo, with whom you share a similar range. So, you could probably knock a Pantera song out of the park, if you were in the mood. And a little M Shadows, too.

@ronws: Thanks man! You know I was thinking about doing cemetery gates recently but don't have the patience to memorize it :lol: Though I think it'd be pretty easy to cover at this point.

@Felipe: Glad you liked it! At first it sounded good to me but the more I listen the worse it sounds (musician's curse). The High notes required me to learn a different kind of distortion... So I'm still a bit untrained with it. Next cover I hope to pull it off just a bit better. I mean, who has better high notes than Cornell? Especially for a baritone.

@Herman: Thanks :) the vocals were mixed in a weird way in this case, and I listened w/headphones not monitors.. So they probably are too quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool! Yea I got through the instruments and realized that I didn't play the guitar part correctly when tracking. But at the time I became really busy with my band stuff so I just forgot about doing it.

That's cool! Yea I got through the instruments and realized that I didn't play the guitar part correctly when tracking. But at the time I became really busy with my band stuff so I just forgot about doing it.

Sounds great! man. really well done!