Post up your rendition of your National Anthem

Rate this topic

My National Anthem is "The Start Spangled Banner". I recorded this straight, one take. Absolutely no processing what-so-ever.

I sang this for two reasons.

1. I believe it is one of THE hardest songs to sing, properly.

2. I love my country.

I challenge others here to post up your renditions of your National Anthem. I don't care what country you're from. Just sing it with pride and reverence and give it your best shot.

Please note that this is NOT a political thread. No politics should be discussed here. This is just about music, talent, and pride.

Post up! :)

(and yes, I realize my voice breaks a bit right the end while transitioning to a lower note on "brave". I did not try to correct this on purpose. Just post up your best one-take effort. )

l

Here is my rendition.....hope you enjoy;)

excellent Tinese! :)

I'm a bit of a purist about many things, and singing the SSB is one of my "purity peeves". I generally don't like it when singers add in too much vibrato. And I don't like it when a singer tries to do "their" interpretation of it by adding to many "runs" up and down the scale ( I don't know the technical name for this). However, I liked your version and your voice is clear and powerful in it. Good job! On the performance side of it, while you did add a little "flair" I thought you kept it to a minimum and it still came off to me as a respectful, traditional rendition of the SSB.

My all time favorite rendition of the SSB was Whitney Houston's Super Bowl XXV appearance in 1991. Yes, she "jazzed" it up a bit, but it was just the right amount, and with her incredible power and range it literally brought me to tears.

If I remember, the actual written music, handed down from the estate of Francis Scott Key is key of Eb. Because it was an odd key and a pain to sight-read if you didn't already have the ability, and were nigh on to perfect pitch.

• 2 weeks later...