15 year old singer wanting critique please?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello everyone I'm new to the site & hoping to meet lots of new people and get critique on my vocals. I'm a 15 year old girl.. I took voice lessons for about maybe 5 or 6 years but that came to a stop when my long time teacher passed away in 2008. since then I've pretty much been on my own vocally and have forgotten a lot of the things she taught me. I'm hoping someone will take the time to critique me:)

So here's a couple of my best ones...

Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy:

It Will Rain by Bruno Mars:

And a couple of my worst ones...

Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus:

Going Under by Evanescence:

feel free to check out any of my other videos on youtube!

es la Reina!:)

Wow! Very nice! Rich tone, good vibrato, great emotion! Hmmm...I thought your low notes could use a little more support, and your mouth could open a bit wider on the high notes. Other than that, great job! :D

Sounds fine to me:)

You could probably do an acoustic gig tonight and ace it. Since you recorded in a quiet setting, I can't really tell what your else voice might be capable of, but the next step could be trying to sing with a band. A lot of things change with the way you handle your voice when everything gets louder (strain, loss of pitch control, tonal changes). Whatever problems you encouter will probably give you a clue of what you need to work on.

If you're just singing to have fun then you can just keep going. Once you have a clear goal with your singing, a teacher will definitely get you there a lot faster.

Interesting. You've got a modern r&b sound that should sell well.

As for singing live with a band, this would be the reason that you bring enough loose cash with you to tip the FOH (front of house, mixes the sound levels) guy to keep your levels up so that you won't have to scream to be heard.

I've seen it happen. A friend was playing guitar in a local rock band. And when it was his turn to sing, you could barely hear him because everyone else's amps went to 11 and yet his mic was not brought up a little to match. Wisely, he did not scream louder to be heard.

I only listened to the evenascence song as it was the only one I was familiar with. But you did well enough with it and your r&b voice. That is, it was easy for me to compare to Amy Lee's classical sound and your more pop approach and still find good things in both.

Wow... thanks guys.. I do have trouble with widening my range to go lower and higher but I appreciate all the feedback you've given me!:)

es la Reina!:)