Progressive-Metal vocal critique

• TMV World Legacy Member

I've linked an original song that my band Happily Almond is in the writing process of. I'm a 17 yr old amateur singer with about 1 yr of real experience, although I have been playing bass guitar seriously since elementary school, and would greatly appreciate a critique of my singing (and first attempt at any form of screaming). Thanks so much!

Hey nice job. That's a pretty cool song. If you want critique let me first say add a compressor and maybe a bit of reverb to those vocals. I don't think there's anything really wrong with your vocal track here, just keep recording yourself and getting better with each song.

Sounds good, actualy very very good for a guy that has only been doing this for a year! Are you singing on the erised track aswell?

No that's Spencer sotelo, lead singer of Periphery. I just dropped the song a whole step to see what it'd sound like.

Nice groove on your guitar dude ..... Im a singng noob so i cant offer much advice , but i have recording experience. on my speakers your vocals were panned 100% left. Keep them centred , use a compresser to keep consistent volume and sit them well in the mix. Reverb works wonders too for noobs like me lol

Nice groove on your guitar dude ..... Im a singng noob so i cant offer much advice , but i have recording experience. on my speakers your vocals were panned 100% left. Keep them centred , use a compresser to keep consistent volume and sit them well in the mix. Reverb works wonders too for noobs like me lol

Thanks the guitar track was actually recorded by my bandmate Charlie () although I'll be tracking bass for this one shortly. Also, I've been unable to determine what causes that left panning but it certainly wasn't intentional.

you may be recording in mono on your interface , sometimes they have 1 stereo input split into 2 mono channels L and R :)

Thanks, I think that may be the culprit. Using the stock garageband for recording vocals isn't exactly ideal :/