My second song .... Dirge sea shanty

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys , i posted my first song here as a new singer , for advice and suggestions, but was told it is too low in volume , so here is another try lol

I still cant get a good loud voice sound .... Parts of it were really low for me to sing, so i added a whisper vocal over the low notes , to thicken it and indirectly add atmosphere

Any advice would be great :) Lyrics are below video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqg0LMtG9Rw

Hey you got a good sound for the low notes especially with the whisper. I haven't tried that yet, as I can usually get away with low notes being a lower VT. You want advice? Keep doing what you are doing. Unless you want to branch out and learn other styles, then do covers and imitate vocalists, that's the best way to do that.

Nice work

Thanks man! :D

I'm glad you liked rwrrwrrrw. I have liked the songs of yours I have thus far heard.

If you want to hear some of my singing check out the 'my band' thread here (we're going to release an album soon).

But don't be deceived, as I am a bass-baritone in voice type.

Thanks Herman ! Arcturus made me smile lol . i think while i am developing my voice (or trying to!) i will stick with this mellower doomy style . I enjoy the music of Katatonia , their singer isnt outstanding but has good atmosphere , hopefully i will obtain something similar !