I find falsetto/light head voice harder than pulling chest

Rate this topic

Singingnewbie

Hi, i generally sing belty stuff but there are times where a different style song sticks to my head. I had a good workout at noon and after going hoarse and recovering (5-6hours) i tried to sing that song http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HXMNAJs7qCA. I noticed that i had greater difficulty than belting another even higher in pitch song *and also it was more tiring. Could be i have this underdeveloped breathy headvoice or it is normal for it to be harder?

I know clips will help and will try to post if possible.

Undeveloped head voice.

Start spending 2/3rds of your time working the head voice all throughout the range, starting light and gradually adding weight but never reverting to pulling chest at the top range. And the other 1/3rd maintaining your existing chest voice range.

I think you will find that will help balance your voice out. You should see a teacher to help you with it though because on your own you will definitely misinterpret even the simplicity of what I'm trying to say in this post. You need to know HOW to train these things.

As a bit of a more beltier singer myself, I highly recommend skype lessons with Rob Lunte and/or Phil Moufarrege and ESPECIALLY if you are looking to help the head voice catch up in strength and coordination without the chest voice "atrophying" and losing belting range.

Thanks for replying. My bad for posting a new thread before searching cause i found one posted a year ago thats 3 pages and very informative. This could be deleted if a mod wants to.

Also i have my old vocal teacher, we study on a music college and i am also allowed to practice. I sometimes doubt/disagree with his approach but generally i am quite happy.

Not to hijack your thread, but I have the same problem. I fixed it by forcing myself to sing my scales as quiet as ever possible. This forces you to use less air while keeping the coordination right, and it helps singing light.

I've been practicing I See Fire, and it's easier to sing with a twangy/belty voice rather than the sweet, soft, airy vibratoish one sheeran sings it with. Frustrating as all hell.