Run to the hills - Iron Maiden / First Time recording

Rate this topic

Hi there! My name is sebastian and this is my first attempt to record my voice, i dont have a really mic or a correct equipment, just headset mic. By the way the mix sucks. As i said, was my first time recording but i had a lot of fun playing with the mixcraft.

I hope to improve, just let me know your critics.

Thanks!

PD: English is not my native language

Thanks guys. The mix sucks because i recorded my voice before to get the track. And when i did the mix, i didnt realize the problem in the mach up .

I wanna know if my voice sounds squeaky, i dont know if this is the right way.

PD: so many complicated words, I hope you understand me.

You make the mistakes I have often made. So, as I offer advice, please remember I have done everything wrong, before. And still sometimes, I do.

As for mixing, less reverb on the vocals. It is making it muddy. As singers, we like to think of the voice as THE instrument but in a song, it is an instrument to be used for the purposes of the song. As others have pointed out, you already know how to fix the timing issue. That is, your timing for singing was good but it was not aligned with the music. That is an editing fix, rather than a technical singing problem.

Pronunciation. On words like well and hell, use the eh sound for the vowel and do not dwell on the 'LL' sound. L should be a light flick of the tip of the tongue at the end of the word, almost imperceptible.

As for squeaky, it is hard to tell with so much reverb that it sounds like you are singing from the bottom of a water well.

Other than that, your pitch sounded good, which is job number one. Getting the right pitch and then other things follow after that.