Why Am I Always Out Of Breath

Rate this topic

There is a dude on the forum that can hold a note for 50 seconds. Whereas I run out of breath after a 10-20 second note lol.

How can I improve my ability to hold a single sustained tone? (Any suggestions???)

Just for kicks:

- JayMC

have your tried the SSSS exercise? if so make sure your not holding the air back too much with your teeth and focus on holding the air back with your lower torso and practice keeping the air steady. from what i read once you got this exercise down then start doing it on a vowel like oo, then ahh which is harder.

Holding notes is much harder than SSS exercise.

I find if you hold back too much air with compression you choke and strain. Its a fine balance you have to find between holding the air and ab work. As well as keeping the air consistent.

I can SSS for 40-60 secs but I can only hold a note up above C4 for 10 seconds of that.

Holding notes is much harder than SSS exercise.

I find if you hold back too much air with compression you choke and strain. Its a fine balance you have to find between holding the air and ab work. As well as keeping the air consistent.

I can SSS for 40-60 secs but I can only hold a note up above C4 for 10 seconds of that.

not if you do the SSS exercise while holding back the air using mostly your support muscles (lower torso) instead of relying too much on your teeth. and if its still easy do it on a vowel.