AMAZING DISTORTION & DAMPENING IN THE HEAD VOICE! LISTEN TO THIS GUY

Rate this topic

Robert Lunte

• Administrator

This is my student, Nic Stilborg from South Africa. This is a great performance and production.

Love the dampened C5, D5 and A4 on "On My Way"... also he puts some TVS overlay distortion in there as well. Sounds Killer! The dog tags are something I give to my top students and teachers as a badge of honor and commitment. Has a Sound Garden, Audio Slave vibe to it. I hear the larynx positions and vowels we work on in TVS in this performance a bit... its cool to watch. Hope you guys enjoy it too...

Outsider - "On My Way" - Nicholas Stillborg (Vocals)

Way to go Nic... you are seriously singing world class in this video... this needs to see a large audience. To hear more of Nic's band, "Outsider", click here: http://www.youtube.com/user/OUTSIDERVISION?feature=watch

Awesome, Robert. I definitely hear the Soundgarden influence. In fact, to me, more Soundgarden from the "loud love" era than Audioslave.

The whole band is good, as is the singer. I like the melodic line the guy does on the 5 string bass. The drummer is tight and classy, not trying to fill up everything. And the guitar player is letting his playing serve the song.

You're right, this is ready for prime time.

• Administrator

Ya, ok... ? Thanks. Hope you enjoyed the video.

I certainly enjoyed the video ! Nicholas is Featured on the "Social Home Page and will be Spotlighted in the near future :cool:

Hoping that more of our Forum members would check out the Featured and Spotlighted videos ! :D

"Throwing That bone" to YOU as well Robert !!! :cool: