What technique should I use to sing like this ?

Rate this topic

mathdel

The guy has been singing for years and been on XFactor USA.

Like the guys have said, takes years of practice and good technique. Genetics also plays a part.

I'm friends with the monster....

A video posted by David Correy™ (@davidcorrey) on

He sounds a lot like Bruno that's the only fault in my eyes. Amazing voice and range but "sounds like" is not a good title to hold.

I've read that he had pollyps and that after training his technique with Eric Arceneaux he had been able to use a better technique in order to save his voice.

I've read some of the posts on the 'Lift' topic, but I still don't understand how it works. Does he uses that technique when he belts or curbs ? And can someone explain me the 'lift' in simple terms ?

I had a go https://app.box.com/s/7e325ae4001ed91a9d32

At best I can describe it as FOR ME to be able to copy him is to revert to a little boy voice, cry, hold back the air and tighten the abs.

After thoughts are that I should have modified the vowels here and there but had little time to go through and pick it all out. Also I would have liked to darken it slightly so it wasn't so bright. But that again is just my personal choice.

I'm fresh out of the shower and haven't warmed up at all, all day. Spoke very little too so pardon the quality of my voice.

Just takes a lot of training and the right stuff.

EDIT:

I know this is not 100% on point etc etc but I used to think I was a Baritone and stuck with the natural timbre of that voice. As I get more into workouts etc I feel the weight lifting and getting better at technique and singing those upper notes.

I've read that he had pollyps and that after training his technique with Eric Arceneaux he had been able to use a better technique in order to save his voice.

I've read some of the posts on the 'Lift' topic, but I still don't understand how it works. Does he uses that technique when he belts or curbs ? And can someone explain me the 'lift' in simple terms ?

let's try this.....this is basic....

imagine i told you to begin to yawn, and to smile at the same time...

what would you have? you'd have a higher palate....you'd likely inhale air, and the cheeks would lift up. now pretend that i put an egg into your mouth or something that keeps that configuration you just formed from closing down.

now holding this setup (the yawn start and the slight smile) breathe in quickly and you will feel the air cool the very back of your throat....this is where you want to feel the air when you sing when you sing with an open throat ...up and back behind the soft palate.

do you sense a feeling of openness?

That sounds about right. How does it feel? Strained? Weak? Make you keep hitting it and remember how it feels, what you did etc.

I do feel strain in my throat when I keep the higher notes for a longer time. I know that I shouldn't, but how do I keep tension without straining ?

I've had this issue with belting/curbing for quite a long time.