Is this singer called "Pellek" faking his vibrato?

Rate this topic

Anonymouse

look at his jaw while he's holding long notes... seems a bit strange. I suppose that is the wrong way to do vibrato, it sounds kind-of unpleasant, like a siren. but then, why do so many people love his singing? is it because of his range?

Funny. I could swear I've seen videos of him doing the same vibrato without jaw movement, but that definitely looks odds. In terms of sound it's nothing Ripper hasn't taught me to tolerate.

As for why anyone would like anything you have to first realise that anyone else is not you and therefore can't be assumed to have the same experience of any objective phenomenae that you do. Once that enlightened state is reached you can start looking at what he does:

- sings better than average

- interacts with his audience and delivers what they want (power-metalizing tunes from other genres) at a reasonable rate (not too pro to cater to the subs)

Personally I enjoy the videos because his voice is ok, it has style (imperfections aren't always negative) and cheap-ass power metal is just funny. Also he doesn't seem to take himself or his craft too seriously.

I have seen bruce dickinson and ken tamplin making a jaw vibrato too, also steelheart singer in the song shes gone has a head moving vibrato at the top notes. Thats what i remember so i bet there are many more well known singers that do that. I personally wouldnt like this "technique" to my singing but dont mind others doing that, unless its very obvious. I think it might be for consistency (?)