Easy question about falsetto

Rate this topic

Adveser

Thanks a lot. I'm a belter and have had the hardest time trying to get the falsetto to work in a power metal way. It just sounds really distorted, scratchy, broken, shrill and broken. I'll give that a try when I get a chance. Right now my false folds are totally shot.

:D

Thanks a lot. I'm a belter and have had the hardest time trying to get the falsetto to work in a power metal way. It just sounds really distorted, scratchy, broken, shrill and broken. I'll give that a try when I get a chance. Right now my false folds are totally shot.

:D

falsetto isn't used in power metal, you're thinking of head voice or a head-dominant mixed voice. And it takes a while to develop that head voice sound used in that style so don't panic if it sounds bad at first.

Also I've never heard of the false folds being shot, make sure it's not the real ones...if you have trouble making high soft falsetto sounds it could be the real folds taking the damage.

If you are switching a gear so to speak meaning differnt than your speaking voice then it is falsetto. whether or not its adducted well or loose will give you a sound thats weaker or stronger. Then you could call it whatever you want. but if it is a break from your speaking voice its falsetto.

Can you post a link of what sound you want to your falsetto?

Well, all of them of course! I don't seem to have a problem with normal voices at all, but the falsettos are normally very bad sounding. I can always do an incidental falsetto, such as Peter Cox from Go West or something where it's an obvious Baritone switching into falsetto for effect, but singing that way is a problem.

I'm looking for more general information though to make it easier.

I understand the falsetto is not something that can be adjusted as easily as modal voice or anything. Maybe I'm stuck with only being able to get good tone when singing in modal baritone and switching to falsetto?

Here's a couple more tidbits about myself that may help:

I talked in falsetto until I was about 5 years old - yes, really

My adam's apple is tiny and my vocal folds are long with the adam's apple situated in parallel with my chin in a resting position. I have a flat laryngeal prominence.

You can change the tone of your falsetto just as much as modal voice so don't start believing it's something you can't fix, that would be false. Anyone can improve the tone of their falsetto. You just have to know how to fix it and it's usually not something you can figure out on your own in a reasonable amount of time. Whereas a teacher will spot the problem immediately and tell you exactly what and how to practice to fix it.

Well, all of them of course! I don't seem to have a problem with normal voices at all, but the falsettos are normally very bad sounding. I can always do an incidental falsetto, such as Peter Cox from Go West or something where it's an obvious Baritone switching into falsetto for effect, but singing that way is a problem.

I'm looking for more general information though to make it easier.

I understand the falsetto is not something that can be adjusted as easily as modal voice or anything. Maybe I'm stuck with only being able to get good tone when singing in modal baritone and switching to falsetto?

Here's a couple more tidbits about myself that may help:

I talked in falsetto until I was about 5 years old - yes, really

My adam's apple is tiny and my vocal folds are long with the adam's apple situated in parallel with my chin in a resting position. I have a flat laryngeal prominence.

Gimme a soundexample of a singer that sounds like you want, and drop the term falsetto. Apparently people on this board cant handle that word haha.

Also what matters is how you use your voice today(a vocalclip to demonstrate, send it to my mail if you dont wanna post here) Viktorclay1@gmail.com and how you would like to sound(send vocal clip of singer you like that sings this way)

If we sit here and imagine what your voice might sound like and what sound you might want. Chances are extremly big the advise will be crap.

Like reading a map with out seeing then point you towards a destionation and say here's where you need to go! :)

Cheers bro

I was going to ask, how many falsettos do you have and are you bragging because the rest of us only have one amongst ourselves and have to share it?

just kidding. I have not found falsetto to be particulary overtly nasal.

My problem ron is that I have too much range and can coast by without having to do things properly half the time.

Anyway, I think I have the issue corrected as of right now. The way I was singing last week and the reason the falsetto was sounding terrible was because I wasn't remembering the right muscle movement for getting the larynx as low as possible.

Cool, at least you found a solution, or resolution. Or, sometimes things take care of themselves. There are times when I think I might sound too nasal and then, I remember, a cold front blew through and gave me a load of mountain cedar pollen.