Let me know what you think.

Rate this topic

Now that was fun. I used to listen to both popular versions. Dr Hook and the Medicine Show and the Buck Owens' version, too. And now, I have the MDEW version. Delicious.

Next, you should cover Buck Owens' "Act Naturally."

That would be an absolute riot.

I never heard of the Buck Owens rendition before. I just watched it on youtube. I still prefer Dr. Hook. :D

I recorded this while my wife was sitting next to me watching TV so I had stay a little subdued. It would have been fun to sing a couple more harmonies and add a Bass and the adlib lines.

My brother and I have been singing this for years(about 30 :| ). He would sing lead and I would sing the harmony switching harmonies on each verse to make it more interesting. I would always sing the LOW verse.

One of my very favorite songs is "Carry me Carry" by Dr Hook. Another good one is "JUDY, I m slowly movin back to you" also by Dr Hook. It is hard for me to keep my composure when listening them or singing them.

I had to sing that last high harmony several times just to get close to being on pitch. Did you hear any major flaws or notice anything that could guide to a better performance? I tried to stay away fro a hard "Oh" in stone but I still went off pitch.

I can always count on you Ronws. :D Just wondering what I can do to get comments from others on the forum even if it is only to tell me to get a real job. :P (I have one but who really wants to work for a living?)

I think I am making progress but it would be good to know if I am on the right track or what I need to work on.

Dio and Iron Maiden are too far out of the realm of possibility for me. There are a few Foreigner songs that I could at least get away with even if they do end up sounding a little like Willy Nelson meets Creedence Cleawater Revival. Could be fun. :lol:

I can always count on you Ronws. :D Just wondering what I can do to get comments from others on the forum even if it is only to tell me to get a real job. :P (I have one but who really wants to work for a living?)

I think I am making progress but it would be good to know if I am on the right track or what I need to work on.

Dio and Iron Maiden are too far out of the realm of possibility for me. There are a few Foreigner songs that I could at least get away with even if they do end up sounding a little like Willy Nelson meets Creedence Cleawater Revival. Could be fun. :lol:

Don't sell yourself short. I think you could do a neat job with IM's "Fear of the Dark."

I don't know about that :P But I did watch "how to" videos from Ken Tamplin, Kevin Richards AND Tony O'hora on how to sing "Run to the Hills". I still can't sing it though. :o :/ :lol: