My vocal is still not 100% after 15 days

Rate this topic

DennisDo

From the antibiotics sounds like the doctor thinks you have an infection.

The other med is a cortisone type drug to bring down the inflammation.

I hope it clears up for you quickly. Keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

I just went back today. Honestly, I think this will be my last visit since it's just too costly to see my Dr.

Apparently I still have inflammation and this time he prescribed me 4 kinds of medicine:

fluticasone propionate

fexofenadine hcl

clarithromycin

omeprazole

Out of those 4, only omeprazole is the one used to treat GERD. Clarithromycin is something related for the throat, so I'll use that too, but I feel like my Dr is trying to squeeze out as much money as possible. I asked him why I had GERD all of a sudden and he said it was from stress. (which I have been going through for the past few months)

I was also sick when I saw him, so that's likely why he prescribed me 4 medicine, but I want to stay away from using medicine as much as possible.

Did any of you who had GERD were told to be on 2 or more medicines?

I just hope this will end my inflammation, last month has been very depressing for me :( Felt like I lost my identity.

he basically is giving you something for everything allergies bacteria infection acid reflux and nasal steroid. I personally would finish these meds and start doing some vocalizing and not over doing it. This does not mean light this means not higher than you can comfortably and clearly. And just stop dwelling which i know is hard we have all been there but thats what always helped me no dwelling and simple singing.

You know.. when I injured myself from overdoing the high register ( like a kid with new toy ), I thought that stopping for a while would make my voice feel better. And in fact the only thing that made my voice come back was singing. Re-center myself, my philosophy. Find unlimited patience and accept that changes will come over time. But for a month of silence nothing changed.

I started vocalizing lightly and in two weeks I was back to belting with no tickling or anything weird.

The body listens, and somatizes everything you feel. When I started singing again I felt so happy that I think that was the reason for really getting better. My voice said, "oh yeah, back to singing \m/" or something like that. The feeling was so great.

I suggest get a lesson with Daniel and see what are you doing that hurts your throat when singing. Let him put you on track and then stay steady on the path. Things will get better :) They always do.

Thanks for the reassurance guys. It's been 3 months since this inflammation and by far the longest I've gone without singing (before starting seriously).

I'll start doing small vocalizing after my folds heals a bit more, my voice still cracks when I talk sometimes.

I'll tell you one thing though, I miss doing lip rolls, something that I used to not look forward to doing. This downtime definitely made me appreciate music even more.

You know.. when I injured myself from overdoing the high register ( like a kid with new toy ), I thought that stopping for a while would make my voice feel better. And in fact the only thing that made my voice come back was singing. Re-center myself, my philosophy. Find unlimited patience and accept that changes will come over time. But for a month of silence nothing changed.

And I went through similar problems when I injured my voice. First week, it was best to be silent. The following week, light descending sirens a few times a day, waiting for the swelling to go down with nothing more than Ibuprofen, the old man's vitamin.

So, a number of people discount it when I say that singing is mental. Of course, I am not sure if they are disagreeing with the statement or just don't like me. Not everyone will be a fan. :lol:

Important people here have told me "you're not doing enough with your voice." "You're just an untrained singer who is lucky to not have injured himself (even though I injured myself twice.)" "You need to shut, you don't know what you are doing, you need to start singing all over again, from scratch." "Your a satisfied hobbyist in his adulthood."

The last one is probably accurate. I do not have the time to become a "professional" singer. Which means that anything I say about it can be discounted since I don't describe myself as a serious student in training to become a pro (paid) musician.

So, pick the poison comfortable to you. For any number of reasons, what I have to say can be discounted. And so, I find the center in myself, find where the center of my voice is.