Felipe Carvalho - To Be With You (Mr Big cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Great job Felipe! And I have to agree with Jugulator about your voice sounding like Paul Stanley in this song. It sounds like a grown man singing a teenager's song. If you know what I mean. Very nice.

Felipe, it's interesting how we have very similar tastes in the music we like to listen to and sing. This is one of my favorite tunes to sing, and the one that really gave me confidence to sing in front of a group during karaoke one night (the tequila shots may have helped, too!).

For the tune, it was a good job. I liked how you hit the high notes. I would suggest trying to give it a bit more rasp and "gut" feeling. Otherwise, keep on rocking!

(and yes, you definitely had a Paul Stanley sound. Maybe you should try a couple of KISS tunes next?)

I agree about the Paul Stanley effect and if that is the case, then you should also cover "Forever" by KISS.

Anyway, this was the biggest hit for Mr Big. And I think you did a good job, seriously. We were talking about legato in another thread. You have legato here, not just just one tone leading to the next but a singular sound that unifies the song. One voice.

And I have to get used to you having short hair, now.

a little sidenote, Felipe:

At my company, we have received plans for a project with the resident name of "Carvhalo." Do you have some relatives in north Texas you haven't told me about?

:cool:

Jugulator thanks man :)

mdew :) thanks!!!

gnee haha well thats good!!! Thanks man.

bernie haha thank you, I like it too, more power is always a good idea hehee

ronws thanks man! I will surely record something then, I am afraid I dont have relatives there ronws, a pity...

Phil ;)

blue hahah thank you, I hope the word gets to them ahaha. :cool:

Everyone thanks for listenning and for the words!!