Some excerpts of practice. I'd appreciate some input.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello guys :) I wanted to "update" the status of my voice, as I have had a kind of.. short ( eternal for me ) pause in my training.

I look forward to see if you listen to the same things I am listening in here, and what other opinions can you give me. Thanks in advance :P

I just think your technique is awesome. I love Roy Khan's voice, although I'm really only familiar with "Abandoned" and a few other songs from that album, and I'm just a novice vocalist, but what I can hear is that you really have the chest/head passaggio mix down quite well. [i think you hit a C#5 in the 6th ext practice when you sang "THINking"?] I also think your timbre is comparable to Roy as well. Really nice acapellas and great range!

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

Thanks, mate :) That really means a lot! I just started working on July I think ( August? ), and your opinion makes me think that.. I am highly probable on the right track, haha.

I've been working a lot on headvoice strengthening, because I have a chest dominant voice, which makes the change in color and mode ( CVT ) very evident to my ears in headvoice.

I have the luck of not having much problems on my bridge, haha, which is very convenient.

How would you describe my voice, man? Bright, dark-ish, brassy, big, small.. :)

I think you have a slightly dark tone that gets brighter as you ascend in your passaggio all the way to your head voice, and dynamically it sounds like it's in between a big and small voice :) I didn't really hear anything brassy, if what I'm thinking a brassy colour is supposed to sound like is correct..metallic-ish? Didn't hear that. I actually enjoy your head voice's colour though, but I think you can still strengthen it. For me, I think I'm head voice dominant, so I'm the opposite haha, I want to strengthen my chest voice and eventually learn to bridge!

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

Do you have any more recordings, man? I'd like to hear your headvoice. I already heard your chest :P

EDIT: Nah, nevermind. I'm hearing your Can You Hear Me? thread again, and I'm finding everything haha.

I'd like to talk about it thought, mate :) Send me an email when you are in the mood of some technique talking.

Hey, Xamedhi, nice covers. I don´t know if you are training like you are supposed to and if it is just a matter of time before you get the sound right. but what i can hear now is that the tone lacks some edge/twang, it is still a little bit too airy. Mabye more support and twang will get you there.

Thanks, Olem!

I've been training non stop in compression since November because I used to be veery breathy. Very. haha

So I have been re-learning the way I phonate.

This is how I sounded in December.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/paot8h3z7zeufs6/Xamedhi%20-%20Roll%20the%20Fire%2007%20Diciembre%202013.mp3