Deep purple - Solider Of Fortune ,need feedback

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi,im 16,I've been playing piano for 8 years and i feedback on my singing.I have no singing experience,i got intrested in singing recently,i asked my piano teacher (who also teaches singing ) what does he think , he said i dont breathe correctly and that i have a jaw tension when i get higher than c4 or c#4.So how can i fix that and what do u think about my singing here,what should i fix too ? Should i continue singing ? Does this sound like a baritone ?

Here is the record https://soundcloud.com/someonesomewhere123/purpleeee

I think your voice is good sounding. I actually really like it. Obviously you need more experience to hit the notes more accurately, etc.

Asking "should I quit singing?" is kind of a weird question. That's like a guy who's picked up the guitar once in his life saying "man I'm not good enough at this" and dropping it. Your voice is an instrument, it'll require work, and most people aren't born with the ability to sing great. If you enjoy singing, keep singing.

Thanks for the replies ! Yeah i know it does sound like a baritone but i wish i could sing higher,can baritones sing to c5 with ease if they have proper training,in rock ? My voice sounds very light (its not fallseto or head voice ) when I go past f4 and i dunno why,probably because I have no training and no tehnique.Will breathing from diaphragm improve my singing and add me some range ?

Thanks for the replies ! Yeah i know it does sound like a baritone but i wish i could sing higher,can baritones sing to c5 with ease if they have proper training,in rock ?

Yes, every day.

listen to David when he speaks, he is baritone.

Here is another baritone going to C5 and E5.

Yeah, don't worry. With years of training you will have range to spare. The differences are mostly the weigth, the sound colors and the resonant space, which makes the feeling of "big, medium or small" voices.

Thanks for the replies again.Can someone answer will singing from my diaphragm instantly give me some range when it's learned correctly and is it possible for voice to change alot after its settled for 5 years (im 16)?My music teacher says that i finished the voice changing and it will only mature and change a bit till 20's.Just check the audio i sent and answer me these questions and I will stop being borring with my newbie questions :P

Well, you don't actually sing with your diaphragm. Breath support is about stopping the diaphragm to go up and push the air in an uncontrolled way. That's all to it. This eliminates a lot of air pressure on the folds which helps them to produce sound with less effort, thus providing more ease overall. More stamina, easier navigation through the range and more power.