Enander - Fix you (own rendition of the Coldplay song)

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is not a cover of Coldplay. It's just a rendition that poured out me this evening. Granted it's not a hit song, but I picked up my guitar and played around and it felt nice. So I started recording myself to see where I would end up.

It's hard to keep the voice in check while youre playing guitar so there are some errors and silly things of course, but this is more of a "feeling thing". It's even harder to keep the recording volumes nice so don't play it too loud... but I guess you can't complain about lack of dynamics anymore haha!

I liked it and a lot of hit songs have been written by riffing on something else. For example, I have been reading of how Bill Idol came up with "Dancing with Myself" and the evolution of the song is surprising. Or notice how the Foo Fighters' newest single has a chord progression reminiscent of "Holy Diver" by Dio.

Or how everything I do sounds like it has been Zeppelin - ized. :)

This is good stuff and I think you should polish it up into a full arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn! I'm impressed. Awesome dynamics, REAL cool belting. And I'm jealous of your falsetto. You can have it super soft and real brutal (just gave a ear to your battle angels). Nice job dude!