Jabroni

Just Discovered Andre Matos

Rate this topic

What an outstanding upper register. Stumbled upon him after seeing a new Angra video and checking the Wikipedia page for Angra.

These are the types of vocalists that I love: a lot of usage of the 5th octave.

André is amazing :) 

Check this, I believe you will like too, another band in which he sang (Shaman):

This one is from the same CD you linked before (Angels Cry):

And this from Holy Land:

If you have the time I think its worth listening to both CDs, awesome band, and killer vocals. :)

Felipe, thanks for the suggestions. I just received in the mail the albums Angels Cry and Holy Land, so I'm looking forward to listening to those. I also found a really awesome song when he was in Viper called "A Cry From The Edge":

The singer for Angra who replaced Andre Matos (Edu Falaschi) has a really cool voice as well. Apparently he was in a contest along with Matos to replace Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden in the 90's.

The current singer for Angra (Fabio Lione) has a good voice as well, listen to the whistle notes at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1bO3jV74IY

Guest Andre

Andre Matos rules!

It's so sad... André died 2 weeks ago, age 47, victim of a heart attack. He was back performing with Shaman and there was a serious possibility of a come back with the old Angra bandmates...

RIP, he was one of my main inspirations to study/train singing. :(

8 hours ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

It's so sad... André died 2 weeks ago, age 47, victim of a heart attack. He was back performing with Shaman and there was a serious possibility of a come back with the old Angra bandmates...

RIP, he was one of my main inspirations to study/train singing. :(

So sad to hear of his passing. I had never even heard of this type  of music until I joined this forum. Maybe things would have been different for my taste in music if I had heard this style while a teenager. One of my inspirations also passed recently, and this will show just how different tastes in music can be. Leon Redbone passed away. A very unusual entertainer in his own right, but he found his little niche and gained fame and the love of a wide audience. He also will be missed.