Sign in to follow this  
delorean

Any TC Electronic VoiceLive 2 Users Out There?

Rate this topic

Just curious to know if anyone else is using the VL2 for gigging (or recording)?  

I've been using it live in my band for about 6 months and love it, however I've found the learning curve is a bit steep (coming from someone with no knowledge of how effects like harmonies or delays need to be programmed).

Wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing patches at all?

uh... ya. In regards to the TC-Helicon VoiceLive products... for sure. They are a bit complicated... I own both the 1 and the 2... but I stopped using the VL2 because I prefer their stomp box products instead. They are just easier to use, less programming, more "turn the dial" and go. I used to have preset files you could install into the VL1, but I don't think that is going to help you much.

Anyone out there can help this guy?

If your interested in reviewing all the top vocal pedals, go to the TMV Vocal Gear Store I created... Click on "Recommended Vocal Gear" on the home page...  it can save you some time.

Also, here is a video we did on the VL2 a few years ago, not sure it will help you much, but maybe it will... this is at the TMV World YouTube Channel.

TC-Helicon VoiceLive 2 Review

Thanks Robert appreciate the response!

It's more help with actually creating a specific sound that I'm after - I know what sound/effects I want in my head, but after many hours of messing about with the VL2, I'll be damned if I can produce patches that meet my needs haha!  

Maybe it's just me being a bit dumb when it comes to these sort of things (highly possible!) :)

Hi delorean, before I purchased my Digitech Vocalist Live Fx (last December) I did an extensive research about all these multi effect units, but mainly comparing these two brands (TC-Helicon and Digitech). As I said, I ended up choosing the Digitech for personal reasons, the main one is me being a guitar player with experience using and programing multi effects, and secondly my main guitar multi effect is made by Digitech too. Anyway, there are tons and tons of info on the web about the TC products, and even communities where the member exchange their presets. Additionally, I think you can download a package with hundreds of presets from the TC website. Besides, you can also check on youtube for tutorials. I hope it helps. Cheers

Nice response "knee"... apart from "knees" advise, if that still leads you down a path where you feel like you are being asked to fly the space shuttle... look into the TC-Helicon VoiceTone Create XT.  Like the VoiceLive2, it is a multi-effect pedal... it can give you 5 banks, has 100 presets and you can "tweak" the presets... not customize, but "tweak" (dial turning)... But unlike the VL2... its EASY to use!  You see your problem is the same as many people with the VL product line... too much complexity. I hate to make singer's sound dumb, but guys like "knee" ... guitarists... are used to pedals and programming systems like this. They have extensive experience with it because they have to. The VL2 would probably be no problem for "knee" because he has spent a life time programming pedals like that... (I'm assuming... )... this generally the case with guitarists... and in fact... ( I know the product developers of the TC-Helicon products personally... I used to work for TC-Helicon). Most of the people working on the VL2 are not really hard core "lead singer" types. The primary product developer is a singer-songwriter that can write songs like James Taylor in his sleep... very talented, a great performer, a great guitarist, gobs of professional experience but,... not really a "lead singer" type of guy... my point,... the VL2 is designed with singer-songwriter needs in mind. That is why out of the box, it comes with 160 presets and EVERY one of them is a harmony preset!?  Not one is just a cool, solo voice preset... Its because the developers are biased towards singer songwriter needs... which becomes very apparent with the VL product line.

For this reason, TC-Helicon developed their more simple pedal systems to address that problem. Therefore, the VoiceTone line and the Mic Mechanic... which is ultra simple... are great products... and more intuitive for singers to use.

So back to my recommendation... the VoiceTone Create XT sits in the middle between the VL2 and the Mic Mechanic... not too complex, not too simple... you can still dial in your own sound.  Look into it.  

BTW... the digitech vocal pedals are considered to be... kinda cheaply built. They are great for guitars... but for vocals, their pedals don't even come close to the quality of TC-Helicon. In my opinion, if your a singer... stick with TCH... they really have no competition in the vocal pedal industry. TC-Helicon is like a cadillac with no other luxury cars to choose from. TCH, is the only choice for vocal pedals... unless your a geek and you collect the things like I do, but I don't advise that.

Click HERE For the TMV World Vocal Gear Store and go to "vocal effects".

Here is a video me and my buddy did on the VoiceTone pedals:

Robert, have you had any experience with the not so "top of the line" unit from TC, the Live Play? After my research, I concluded that the TC units (especially the Live Play) were so much easier to use than the Digitech unit I got (Vocalist Live FX), plus a ton of videos, tutorials and better manuals. I was wondering that maybe Delorean could benefit of using a not so top of the line vocal effect, as you also suggested the mic mechanic and the other unit.

I was also wondering if you had contact with the new Live models from digitech. I never worked for any of these companies, but after my research I found out that they are basically the same, at least if you consider the TC Play (acoustic, electric, and voicelive) models. They have the same features, but call them by different names (e.g. adaptive tone x gold channel). The TC units allow you to connect to a computer and manage presets and record. On the digitech you are allowed only to manage the presets and Set Lists. Both units have the looper, and the same effects, but differ in the way the effects are accessed. The Digitech has DBX compressor and feedback supressor, plus Lexicon reverb. However the TC units appear to be more user friendly than the Digitech. And the biggest plus of TC is the ability to use the MP75 microfone or the Senheiser Fx to operate the unit. As I had to pick up the bass guitar on my current band, my best option was clearly the digitech unit. I have been using it in rehearsals for the last month, and I must say, it doesn't look or feel cheap material Robert. It feels like my guitar multi effect, built like a tank. I can't wait for our first gig, so I can use it and see the audience reaction. Keep on Rocking fellas!

Hi,

Yes I do, since two years for the effects quality and the harmony.

I recommand to use it along with SmartVL2 (a french software) which allows you remote control the Voicelive 2 with your favorite wireless microphone using a simple presenter.

More details on '>

or www.smartvl.com

7fd55fff1a102ee5ffff8300ffffe415.jpg

Tony

Hi,

Yes I do, since two years for the effects quality and the harmony.

I recommand to use it along with SmartVL2 (a french software) which allows you remote control the Voicelive 2 with your favorite wireless microphone using a simple presenter.

More details on 

'>
 or www.smartvl.com

7fd55fff1a102ee5ffff8300ffffe415.jpg

Tony

Do you realize that you look like David Lee Roth in that pic? Not too long ago, he sang with the Foo Fighters on Dave Grohl's birthday and he had shaved his head and wore the same hat as you.

Or, is that you Dave? 

"Come on, Dave. Give me a break."

"One break - coming up.

Unchanged ..nothing stays the same ..."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this