• TMV World Legacy Member

I like your approach on this newer one, Rob. I felt like the original had unique phrasing, but it gave me an art house kind of vibe and sounded more theatrical or acted out like a play.

The phrasing and delivery on this new version brings the song into new territory and feels evolved. It sounds less theatrical or self consciously delivered, and more personal.

The best I can compare the feeling, is if I'm watching a well acted, I suspend disbelief for at least for a time, that the actor 'is' the character they are playing, and also are likely going through some of the same emotions (method acting). Where as on a traditional stage play, the actor on stage will likely doing more of a performance art that also involves relaying messages to the audience. It sounds closer to the former, which I think is cool, you didn't write the song or the story, but it sounds like 'you' and very believable.

I agree there are a few places that could be punched in. A couple of the throughs could use a touch up, but I'm sure you know as you touch up voice every day.

This reminded me I wanted to take a shot at this at some point as well. It mostly hovers around G2 on the lower notes, which isn't too bad with some random notes out of my range. Looks like a good challenge song, and I like the idea of having an entire sub forum of songs. 

• 2 weeks later...