Sign in to follow this  
rich2k4

Is it possible to just not have a pleasant singing voice?

Rate this topic

Your voice is actually interesting and sounds good. Some pitch problems, but I'd definitely say you can do it. I don't know what happened with the ears of your relatives, they must've had a bad ear day.

On a side note, I would love to hear Videohere pretending he's Christina Aguilera :p

Your voice is actually interesting and sounds good. Some pitch problems, but I'd definitely say you can do it. I don't know what happened with the ears of your relatives, they must've had a bad ear day.

On a side note, I would love to hear Videohere pretending he's Christina Aguilera :P

a little snippet okay? okay to lower the key? i'll do a little piece of "hurt.?"

my long term goal is to be able to get amazing vocal freedom like donny hathaway does.

donny hathaway is a good example because he has a bigger deeper voice, yet he can still hit the same type of notes that people with lighter voices such as stevie wonder do.

most of you have heard these already

http://www.box.net/shared/dg1koumr6y

http://www.box.net/shared/u8zehbfedx

Hi Rich,

My wife thinks you have a beautiful voice and I thought it was really good. We both thought that you were a little off pitch in some of the high notes which is truly no big deal. I think some people might notice it though, and if they don't know anything about singing might not think it was pleasant. This is a pretty easy thing to improve so don't worry.

Anyway, great job, and whether or not it is possible to "just not to have a pleasant sing voice" or not, it isn't an issue in your case.

Hope to hear more postings soon.

Doug

i want to throw this question out there, because i am curious.

after hearing my recordings, what style of music would you think would best suit my voice?

...often times a hit song is nothing more than the right voice with the right piece of music at the right time in history.

So accurate and well said!!

I have an ancient secret for avoiding toxic crap from toxic people. You may want to write this down: stay away from toxic people.

It is that simple and that complex. You may now leave the temple.

You are so right Ron. I've learned to stay away from these toxic people - some are even very good friends from childhood. With some people I intentionally stay away from music talks and steer the conversation away if needed. You've got to realize that not every one will be bundle of positive energy in your life. The earlier you realise this the better.

Rich, I haven't heard your voice but you should take it from these guys as true if they say you sound good. They know much more about all that goes into the art of singing and how much it takes from a person. Keep on singing mate, don't let any one turn you down. For me I have quite the opposite problem - I don't like my singing voice myself even though some people say its not that bad. But I just have a LOT of difficulty to come to like my voice. So my fight is with myself, which is a harder game.

Keep it up man.

a little snippet okay? okay to lower the key? i'll do a little piece of "hurt.?"

I love this song :')

And I have no idea as to which style of music would fit your voice, Rich2k4, but my wild guess would be that what you like to sing is probably what would suit you best.

For me I have quite the opposite problem - I don't like my singing voice myself even though some people say its not that bad. But I just have a LOT of difficulty to come to like my voice. So my fight is with myself, which is a harder game.

I think this is still germaine to the discussion. Others, including myself, have thought that you already have a good voice. What is it about your voice that you don't like? I know you mentioned it once before but I can't remember where and I have slept since then.

For me, I think my voice is fine, live. I am usually not happy with what it sounds like recorded. But I know some of that is equipment limitations and recording skills. I am also more tense when I record than when I sing, live. I must have "red light" syndrome. For me, performing live is like diving in and swimming. You just get into it and start stroking.

On some of your songs, you sound like a better connected Bryan Adams. At least on the american pop songs. The bangladeshi stuff I am not familiar with and find it hard to compare vocal timbres, which is certainly a limitation on my part.

As for stage performance and presence, you are one of the best around here. You sing AND entertain, visually. As well as being an amazing guitar player.