Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

This might sound weird to some but Frisell helped me understand what Ken Tamplin teaches in his course.  Once I got what Frisell was talking about and went back to my Ken Tamplin course, I was on my way!!   I don't even think about the passagio anymore.  I just think in vowel mods.  Once my voice got use to those subtle changes it was a major breakthrough.  I just think mid voice all the time now instead of chest or head.  When people sing in chest/head mind set u r always focusing on crossing the bridge.  Like Rockwell Blake said, the passagio is descriptive only and has no objective reality.  It comes down to balancing the mid voice configuration.  Ken definitely has it figured out and Frisell, too.  

Thanks James! It was good to see the Seth Riggs interview! I was coached by two of his teachers right around 8 years prior to when this interview was filmed. Interesting to see how my coaches were even similar in their coaching style/mannerisms. Learned so much from those guys!! Great techniques! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this