Sign in to follow this  
Muzikant

Does anyone have experience with the AKG D5?

Rate this topic

I personally saw both in action. And it seems in a small gig they perform kinda same. Dont kmOw their spec but d5 is awesome for its price. Really good on picking up highs.

For larger gig i really dont know.

I personally saw both in action. And it seems in a small gig they perform kinda same. Dont kmOw their spec but d5 is awesome for its price. Really good on picking up highs.

For larger gig i really dont know.

thank you legendo! I agree it is indeed very good,

Not really. No difference that any average person could tell... but the D7 is a better mic. I have one... its one of my top 5 hand helds... you can get one at The Vocal Gear Store

Thank you maestro! I already bought D5,but if I decide to purchase one more mic,could it be shipped to Serbia?

One the other hand,I cant wait to buy 4 pillars. :D

I have a akg d-5 and its a good mic especially for the price. There is definite good tonal quality and clarity with it.  With that said, I have been using Rode m1 as main live mic. The m1 really is a great mic in my opinion.  Compared to the D5, I likethe pickup pattern a better on the m1 which makes it a drop more forgiving about not staying right on mic.  I play guitar and sing (mostly backing and harmony vocals) i have a bad habit at times of pulling away from mic or to the side some without even noticing it while singing anf playing at same time.  It is something i've been making an effort to get better at but either way the extra buffer wider pattern from the mic helps a drop.

I have the AKG D7, similar to the D5. I love it. It is one of my top 6 mics. It is made in Austria and has a lot of ambience to it. NOT PUNCHY... but, "washy"... I found that it is also a decent dynamic, handheld to use for recording. You really shouldn't use a handheld dynamic for recording, but... when I did experiments with that, I did notice that it was a good mic for recordings if you wanted a hand held.

You can learn more about the AKG D7 at The Vocal Gear Store. See under microphones.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this