Sign in to follow this  
CryingSpell

Amazing NEW video of Brett Manning Singing in his hyigh note.. WOW!!!

Rate this topic

Well...I think his associates do a great job of explaining exercises and then transitioning exercises into songs. It may very well be that all the instructors are "gifted," but their grasp of concepts(even if scientifically incorrect) seems solid. After saying that...it makes NO SENSE why Brett has so many vocal problems.

I also have to plug CVT/Estill here and say that every instructor I've heard(or had contact with) was flat out UNBELIEVABLE! Able to demonstrate just about any and all sounds a voice can make. It's actually borderline freakish :)

TVS utilizes vocal mode techniques as well, www.TheVocalistStudio.com , and I have to agree... if your not working vocal modes into your pedagogy, your missing the most important concepts to make a great voice pedagogy.

On Estill, great for learning about vocal modes, but not "that" great to learn how to sing. Estill doesnt teach people how to sing and too many people get confused about that. It is vocal mode and physiology of larynx study, not singing training. Estill offers not 1, not 1 vocal workout to allow a singer to actually stretch out in an athletic way, pick up your feet and run down the track and practice?

And please dont argue with me on this, I have studied it before, I know how it goes. You have to train to really get good. You have to workout... not just read books and sing "happy birthday" like a duck to learn how to sing.

Have we beat the "brett" thing into the ground enough yet? :|

TVS utilizes vocal mode techniques as well, www.TheVocalistStudio.com , and I have to agree... if your not working vocal modes into your pedagogy, your missing the most important concepts to make a great voice pedagogy.

On Estill, great for learning about vocal modes, but not "that" great to learn how to sing. Estill doesnt teach people how to sing and too many people get confused about that. It is vocal mode and physiology of larynx study, not singing training. Estill offers not 1, not 1 vocal workout to allow a singer to actually stretch out in an athletic way, pick up your feet and run down the track and practice?

And please dont argue with me on this, I have studied it before, I know how it goes. You have to train to really get good. You have to workout... not just read books and sing "happy birthday" like a duck to learn how to sing.

Have we beat the "brett" thing into the ground enough yet? :|

yeah rob, you're telling it like it is. the analogy to an athlete is spot on!!

The one critic to put his money where his mouth is is Marilyn Manson. He used to be an art and music critic and gave it up to actually create art and music. I don't like all of his music or art but bless him for creating it.

Robert,

On Estill, great for learning about vocal modes, but not "that" great to learn how to sing. Estill doesnt teach people how to sing and too many people get confused about that.

That's not correct. I've been to master classes with Klaus Møller - one of the top Estillians in the world - and there was a lot of singing going on. First we learned about the theory and the basics behind phonation...AND then we sang! :)

But you are right......as a "method" it's not something you can buy and "work out" to as ex. TVS....but CVT is not that either. :)