Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

Hi all I am a singer/songwriter musician who plays guitar, bass, ukulele etc and I go busking from time to time. sure i am in no way a professional at all.

I have just made a neat amp from a sub woofer which has a mod added to the circuit which bypasses the low frequency filter in the sub.  (for more info see Acoustic Amplifier where i got the idea i have the same 12v car sub at bottom of page) thsi amp can be powered by mains and battery and i intend to use it for busking. 

The amp sounds great especially for guitar/bass and my electric stompbox foot drum.  only problem is the microphone is not quite loud enough by itself.

into this amp i have a small portable microphone mixer pictured below. xl_88f830f7-03d8-4159-9fc8-d3581a74268a.

this just gives me 4 channels into the amp, with no effects, eq or boost. 

i need a boost for the microphone, a small battery powered pedal. it does not have to be an expensive unit. i am just wanting to see my options.

on another note I have seen many professional microphone pedals by tc helicon, boss etc many which are not battery powered. so not sure what i could use at all. initially just needing a boost to the mic i am not against looking at other battery powered mic effects pedals if they are good and give vocal effects too.

I am kind of on a Low budget so would love to know any low cost options first,

Thanks for taking the time to read and apply to this post.  

Wow cool! So this is like a pre amp. stomp box for your microphone? Can you plug XLR into it? Could you build a very simple reverb and delay into this system? Im assuming that it is analog, correct? I have a big interest in home made / boutique, analog vocal pedals... Tell me more!

Wow cool! So this is like a pre amp. stomp box for your microphone? Can you plug XLR into it? Could you build a very simple reverb and delay into this system? Im assuming that it is analog, correct? I have a big interest in home made / boutique, analog vocal pedals... Tell me more!

​Definitely Cool ! I have the same questions and interests as Robert. I've been looking for a product that has the ability to add reverb and delay along with XLR connections to add to my "chain". Recently, the effects on my power amp stopped working, and rather than repair the amp at a significant cost, this would be an excellent option. Just what I've been looking for.... I really don't need all of the other effects that are in my current amp ! Tell us BOTH more, please.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this