Why Can't A Singer Sing A Cover? I'm Stumped!

Rate this topic

Craig York

Yes... SING LIKE YOU, AND STOP TRYING TO "SING LIKE SOMEONE ELSE"! EVEN IF YOUR SINGING SOMEONE ELSE'S SONG, MAKE IT YOUR OWN, RESPECTFULLY. 

​I agree and disagree. If I hire you to demo a song and tell you I want a Al Green sound then that is what I expect. If you cant do it, then respectfully say you cant do it or wont do it. Now if we are writing a song together and its YOUR song, then by all means, do your thing and make it your own. It depends on the situation. 

• Administrator

Yes... SING LIKE YOU, AND STOP TRYING TO "SING LIKE SOMEONE ELSE"! EVEN IF YOUR SINGING SOMEONE ELSE'S SONG, MAKE IT YOUR OWN, RESPECTFULLY. 

​I agree and disagree. If I hire you to demo a song and tell you I want a Al Green sound then that is what I expect. If you cant do it, then respectfully say you cant do it or wont do it. Now if we are writing a song together and its YOUR song, then by all means, do your thing and make it your own. It depends on the situation. 

​Excellent point Craig and I totally agree... my statement was assuming that "said singer" wasn't getting paid. If you are paying me, then that is a very different situation. Thanks for pointing that out...

So Craig, it seems you are a producer of some caliber? Can you share the link to your web site or studio? I think we would enjoy learning more about what you do? Have you seen our Home Recording and "Vocal Gear" forums? There may be some discussions over there that you could be a big help on... 

• Administrator

I don't think it takes much practice to upload an avatar, especially when it is part of the orientation.

Lol. The avatar ipload policy is a bit nazi here on tmv xD

good thing i like to have an avatar

​LOL?! What?!!  C'mon... its just upload a pic ... and you have to admit, the forum look a Hell of a lot better with profile pics. I want a community here, not just a group of "faceless registrants"... the profile picture gives you a personality, it kinda makes you a real person in the virtual world... without one, who are we talking to? 

​LOL i agree Rob!

But its funny for "locals" cuz you know when you see a "faceless" member that Adolph will come knocking for avatar ;P it kinda became an internal joke xD 

Plus its funny cuz of nazi and Adolph pun (no hate here just find it fun, so dont get your jimmies up) xD

​As Robert mentioned : "LOL?! What?!!  C'mon... its just upload a pic ... and you have to admit, the forum look a Hell of a lot better with profile pics. I want a community here, not just a group of "faceless registrants"... the profile picture gives you a personality, it kinda makes you a real person in the virtual world... without one, who are we talking to?"

People have no problems with uploading a pic/avatar to other sites such as Facebook, Google, et al, so why not here ? We simply want to make the site look professional !

No offense taken, Elvis with your comment : "Plus its funny cuz of nazi and Adolph pun (no hate here just find it fun, so dont get your jimmies up) xD"

I'm actually "Adolph III". You have no idea how brutal it was growing up with a name such as mine. It didn't really bother me then, and it certainly doesn't bother me now ! It's all cool .... :bang:

• Administrator

OMG Bro... don't even forget to upload your profile picture or "Chief" will be all over like flies... Chief used to work for the FBI... if you don't upload a profile pic... he will find you!

:borgsmile:

​Love it, Coach :4: I seriously had a hearty laugh when I read this !!!

Oh yes, I may be retired, but make no mistake, I STILL have my "contacts" ;)

• Administrator

OMG Bro... don't even forget to upload your profile picture or "Chief" will be all over like flies... Chief used to work for the FBI... if you don't upload a profile pic... he will find you!

That's right... don't even try it. "Wir haben Möglichkeiten, um Ihnen zu sprechen..." 

• Administrator

That's right... don't even try it. "Wir haben Möglichkeiten, um Ihnen zu sprechen..." 

"Wir haben Möglichkeiten, um Ihnen zu sprechen..." 

Translation, PLEASE :39:

​We have the desire to speak with you ... (presumably in menacing tones)

Modernly, we might say, "dude, we have room for you at Gitmo."

So, I read again the original post. Is this a record deal for that singer or is he just a hired gun for an album you are producing? And who decided he should sing someone else's songs?

And is it only timing or pitchiness? You did not answer my question of whether the cover song was in a key that is not the best for him.

• Administrator

"​Ve have Vays to make you talk... "

military-ewes-rams-interrogations-wool-w