My BEST Rob Halford vocal ever! "The Ripper"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Man, I freaked myself out after finishing this song and playing it back. lol

To me this is my best ever performance in the style of Rob Halford of Judas Priest. Hope you'll enjoy listening to it as much as I did recording it!

Long Live Metal!!! https://files.me.com/muskysnax/e3m30w.mp3

"GIDDYUP!"

This is insane man... not only do you sound amazing as usual but this is as close to Halford as it gets, I mean damn !

I've enjoyed this cover immensely - keep'em coming Metal Snax

Thanos

Thanks so much my friend! I can hardly wait until the microphone I just bought on Ebay arrives. It's a bluemicrophones Bluebird and will really take my recordings to a whole new level! Everything I've posted recently was recorded using a Shure SM 57 which is nowhere near as good as a condenser microphone for vocals.

"GIDDYUP!"

Man snax thats crazy, that highnote in the first vocal harmony screams is craaaze! How high is it?

I think that very high note you are hearing is bleed through from the original vocal Jens. I used software to remove as much of Rob's voice as is possible. You will also hear him just after the guitar solo. Don't want to fool anyone! lol

The rest is all me including the harmony scream I did at the end.

"GIDDYUP!"

Thanks Jens. I think I could hit that note though. Hmmm....Maybe I'll have to give it a go! ;) If I do I'll post just the my vocals so you won't hear anything from Rob at all. There's a damn good reason why he's called the Metal God!

"GIDDYUP!"

yeah he's crazy :D am i hearing completly wrong cause i hear a note in the background in the G6-A6 range :P

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24590819/shocker.wma

but not in whistle and really full sounding ;O And that is kindo impossible to hit with power atleast for me.

So, I'm supposed to believe this crusty fisherman from Canada just happens to sound like Rob Halford. Alright, Rob, you can quit the charade. I don't have to call you Mike any more. Although, your avatar pic threw me off for the longest time. I thought that was what you really looked like.

But now I have your real pic.

http://www.robhalford.com/index.php/features

Actually, I was going to link your best pic but they're all good.

Seriously, though, it's uncanny and I am glad you did this song for two reason. First, it's a good song. Second, now you can hear what we are hearing. If I had the speakers turned up and my wife was home, she would have said, Are you listening to Judas Priest on the computer?"

And I could have said, "Sort of. By way of Canada."

And actually, I told her about you. "There's this guy from Canada named Mike and he sounds just like Rob Halford, especially on Judas Priest songs."

Your legend shall now precede you. You are a rock star, who also happens to make flies. Down here, they are on 1/8 oz hooks. What do you use?

So, I'm supposed to believe this crusty fisherman from Canada just happens to sound like Rob Halford. Alright, Rob, you can quit the charade. I don't have to call you Mike any more. Although, your avatar pic threw me off for the longest time. I thought that was what you really looked like.

But now I have your real pic.

http://www.robhalford.com/index.php/features

Actually, I was going to link your best pic but they're all good.

Seriously, though, it's uncanny and I am glad you did this song for two reason. First, it's a good song. Second, now you can hear what we are hearing. If I had the speakers turned up and my wife was home, she would have said, Are you listening to Judas Priest on the computer?"

And I could have said, "Sort of. By way of Canada."

And actually, I told her about you. "There's this guy from Canada named Mike and he sounds just like Rob Halford, especially on Judas Priest songs."

Your legend shall now precede you. You are a rock star, who also happens to make flies. Down here, they are on 1/8 oz hooks. What do you use?

Well, my lures are "somewhat" larger than flies Ron! lol Actually I design and sell Musky lures through my website at www.muskysnax.com.

The most popular one I make is the Sucker Swimbait which is 10" long. Here's a link the a video of it in action... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ixzAxgdC-4

"GIDDYUP!"

My browser keeps crashing when I try to view the video but the snippet of music was great, of course.

I fish now and then, when I can. Mostly I catch Perch, Blue Catfish, once in a while, I get a mudcat. Sometimes, striper, which, around here, is about the size of a Crappie. The Texas record Crappie was caught at Lake Fork and weighed 4 pounds, considerably less than Musky. However, the state record blue cat was caught by a guy in my town. 121 lbs. What ticks me off is that he caught it at the same part of Hagarman National Wildlife Refuge on Lake Texoma that I would fish from. Fortunately, he was fishing with a surf rod. None of his scales could handle it. They had to call a game warden to come over and weigh the fish. It then went to a museum tank in Athens, Texas and lived about another year. Most blue cats get up to a couple of pounds and many a person has caught a 10 or 12 lb cat. I have all kinds of lures but seem to have my best luck with, of all things, a canadian nightcrawler worm on a hook.

I agree with you there Basil but having used condenser mics on my voice in the past I prefer them for recording hands down. Now that I have much more control of my volume and plosives the condenser will be great! I'll turn on the low filter on my mic pre to help reduce popping and the resulting sound should be far more detailed than with the 57. I can hardly wait to hear myself through the new mic!!!

"GIDDYUP!"

It's great as always, Snax, but personally, I thought one of your other Halford covers was your best Halford cover ever. Go figure. Perhaps you liked this one the most because you managed to sound the most like Halford on this one and perhaps I liked one of the others because you had more of "your self" in the tone? Just guessing :) Don't get me wrong - those were world class vocals! :) Cheers!