Scorpions - Wind of change

• TMV World Legacy Member

I imagine you have sang it a few times before today. :lol:

I liked it but a word of advice on mixing. There is a lot of hiss on the vocal track. You might want to put a noise removal on that or a gate

One other tip. On pronunciation. Gorky Park. The g is hard, almost like a k. And the k is hard, too. That is, if you listen to how Klaus is singing it, that is the correct pronunciation, regardless of how it is spelled. I can't remember the original spelling and the last time I spent any time with the cyrillic alphabet was back in the late 80's.

I recognise your voice so much! That's both a call to remind me and meant as a compliment. Your voice is very special and I really like your phrasing.

Enander, thank you so much, that means alot to me.

Rowns, thank you for the tips! I'll try noise gating the vocal track. And the pronunciation, I have a habit of being too lazy with it sometimes, although sometimes it can be kind of stylistic thing. I will definitely work on this, as well as the words you mentioned :)

My own critique, I think I sound kind of lazy and as if I'm having a cold, which I was not! A lot to do with the pronunciation I think, but I can't quite put my finger on what else it's about. Right now I'm quite focused on vowel sounds, throat shape, mixing into headvoice low in the passagio and so on. I want to take things slow anyway, let it grow.. Can you comment on this?

"My music at www.ozzyslant.com"

Good job Ozzy! Nice voice man. Yeah, Ronws is right about the pronunciation of Gorky Park. Hey Ozzy I think I get the feeling of laid back singing you were referring to, it isn't a bad thing just style. I liked your cover, although I thought the voice could have been a bit stronger/beefier for my taste. Keep on rocking man!

Gneetapp thank you! And it will get beefier, I'm just taking my time with it :) I want to maintain this headvoice development as I start to introduce more and more chest to my voice and not overdo it, if that makes sense.

"My music at www.ozzyslant.com"