Man on the Moon

• TMV World Legacy Member

You just got unlucky. Some posts here get overlooked. No real reason other than luck. I liked the feeling you put in the song and the pitch was mostly very good. I think you would do good to work a bit on breath control, letting your voice be a bit more resonant (google stuff like optimal vowels and twang for more resonace and brilliance in the tone), and also a bit more self confidence. I'm sure that if you keep working on it, it will be better and better. Keep singing, dude! :) . Just my 5 cents.

• TMV World Member

Hi,

I thought this recording was pretty good, and got better as you progressed into the song.

One of the difficulties with the recording is that the balance between the guitar and the voice is not great... the guitar overpowers the voice in the early part. To fix that, do another recording, and put the mic closer to your mouth than it is to the guitar, or use 2 mics.

One area I can suggest for some attention is the amount of voice used on some of the shorter/faster notes. For a word like 'if', lst the vowel sound for the ih be longer, and shorten the F sound. Apply the principle generally, and you will create a greater sense of singing line in the phrases.

Best Regards, Steven Fraser

My support was probably a bit off tbh, what with focusing on guitar. I shouldn't do that.

Also the vowel thing is something I really struggle with. Have been working on it, but it still isn't quite where I want it yet.

• TMV World Member

My support was probably a bit off tbh, what with focusing on guitar. I shouldn't do that.

Also the vowel thing is something I really struggle with. Have been working on it, but it still isn't quite where I want it yet.

Nathan: A way to practice that is to lengthen the vowel... just sing it nice and long a few times, like you are singing the note without the F at all. THen, add the shortest F you can, right before the next word. When it feels like you are putting the F on the beginning of the next word, that is about right.

Best Regards, Steven Fraser

I agree with both Steven and jonpall. And I did like this laid back, slightly darker version of the song. The original is sung brightly, with twang. But it's nice to hear a different vocal effect, such as a softer, yet darker tone.