Sign in to follow this  
Wally Malone

Dynamics When Using Headset Microphone

Rate this topic

Hello all, I use a microphone on a stand but being a bass player and sometimes using a fretless bass while singing I was thinking about getting a headset microphone. When using a mic on a stand I move in and out for achieving the desired dynamics. How do those of you that use a headset mic deal with the dynamics? Keep in mind that my hands are tied up with playing bass and wouldn't be able to use a hand to pull and push something in and out.

Wally

Hmm... that is a good question? Not sure you can use proximity techniques on a headset mic. You simply can't do that.... let's just hope you have good compression on your mix.

There are a few here who are performing gigs but they are using dynamic mics on a stand, even if they play an instrment, as well. But it is an interesting question and I think Robert is right, you need some kind of in-line compressor going on if using a head-set mic.

Well Ron, you generally need compression for any kind of microphone for live and recorded sound. Basically, anything you do when singing should typically have compression. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this