Human Nature by Michael Jackson

• TMV World Legacy Member

Still trying to find my voice. Just tried a bunch of songs and found this incredibly fun. When I listened back to a bunch of recordings I figured I unfortunately don't have a real deep manly type voice. Maybe I just don't know how to produce this, but it doesn't happen naturally for me. So I thought I'd try some soft/lighter stuff.

I don't know if this is any good. So I'll ask you guys once again :)

As always, be ridiculously harsh, as you would if you were listening to your own voice. What sort of stuff should I work on? I know my vowels still aren't great...

http://www.box.net/shared/xdx6mkturx

Thanks,

Nathan.D.

I like your record, did you use a playback song or just sang a capella? If you sang a capella you have a good perception. I think you have a great voice as well and It fits very well with MJ song. :)

[url=http://marcusilva.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] ɸ [url=http://www.jamendo.com/br/artist/Marcus_Rasseli]Jamendo[/url]

Wow. Your voice really does sound close to Jackson's. I'm not saying you should always cover his songs but you could make a living stuff similar to his. A wide range, as he did soul, R & B, and straight ahead rock and roll (think "Dirty Diana".)

Thanks for the kind words guys. I did do the song a cappella as I didn't take the time to find a backing track and it was only recorded on windows sound recorder anyway, which always kind of sucks.

I thought it suited me more, which is great because he had a brilliant voice. But it does feel a bit like a limitation, meaning that I may not be able to do great renditions of some stuff (e.g. Shaun Morgan from Seether or Caleb Followill from Kings of Leon, who both have massive voices) but at least now I know what I'm working with. If nothing else, I can make interesting MJ-ish sounding versions of these songs.

However, many of his songs are too far out of my range at the moment. Or at least out of what I would call my 'singable' range. I have all his notes, but they don't all sound great. You mentioned Dirty Diana, which is my favourite of everything he recorded. When he is really up there in his high range in the pre-chorus and chorus, I cannot do that so well. I think it probably has somthing to do with my vowels still.

Anyway; I'll have a go at more of his material and then maybe see if I can transition that sound to rock stuff. Since putting on a heavier/'manlier' voice for songs doesn't work for me, I can hopefully find a way to run these two ideas together.

I shall have to give m

Well, the people here really want everyone to do well. So, if you want to try "Dirty Diana," go for it. Or at least do the parts you can do and the parts that aren't so easy, provide an example of those and some people might be able to help. We've got some guys here that can shatter glass.