Water for singers...

Rate this topic

Robert Lunte

Hmmm....and how does water make you a better singer??? You can drink all water in the world and you still sound like crap! And then you can take zinch, C-vitamin and B-vitamin and licorice, and you can steam your vocal folds, and you can drink coat throat and mint and vanilla and camille ans slippery elm bark and menthol and peppermint and juice and salt and tutiy and tpfhpjfg and fgihfgihgpgh......and you know what??? YOU STILL SOUND LIKE CRAP!!!

It's just like the guy who thinks that a new pair of nice expensive Nike shoes will make him a fantastic runner!!!

imo, bottled water is already a huge scam industry : for most up us in the developed world tap water is perfectly adequate. If someone prefers the taste of bottled water then go right ahead and use that. But the notion that our tap water isn't healthy or adequate : pure marketing.

then we go up another degree in quack-ology : Singers' water ? Make water wetter ? while we're at it, I have a million dollars I need to get out of Nigeria if you'd be so kind as to help me... :)

Sure I agree with you Martin and I recieved your point :> Yet having good technique and keeping your hydration at a good level is 1+1 =>

I don't buy into all this different types of waters and herbs either :> Keeping healthy, hydrated, and working on your technique should be plenty: P

Agreed Martin. Although I might not have been as blunt! Vocal health and technique are not mutually exclusive. Good vocal health comes with good technique. I was going to say improving your technique is the best thing you can do for your vocal health...but I think giving up smoking wins (just because of the general health improvements!).

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys.....water is essential for health...technique AND water are essential for singers! :lol: