Rough Parasite cover

• TMV World Member

Hello, here is my cover of Parasite. I'm singing along to the track and I mess up the ending even though I usually do that part better. I need help sustaining the high notes and keeping time. I'm learning this on guitar and then I'm going to try to put the vocals over it. I'm new to singing and I don't know how to go about putting vocals over guitar but I know I have to have the guitar down to muscle memory so that's what I'm trying to do now.  Parasite Cover

• Administrator

Hello WTB!

Nick Drake.. VERY COOL!

A lot of people have never heard of Nick Drake... I highly recommend this album... 

Regarding your singing and review...

1). You really need to do this without singing over the original track. Singing over original tracks is really a crutch. You can't really hear yourself properly and what happens is you end of just matching every inflection and tonal color as the original artist which is "monkey see, monkey do". This is ok for sitting in traffic and just enjoying a tune... but if you really want to sing this song well and have professional feedback of the kind we offer here on this service, you need to lose "Nick"... stop singing with Nick... and start singing with you. ONLY when you do that, will you really begin learning how to sing this song and learning about your own voice and providing us with samples we can work with. It is actually hard to give you a really good review, if your just doing your "Nick Drake" impression... I don't want that... I want to hear you sing this song. It can have a similar vibe to it, but we need to hear your voice and you need to be "naked" without hiding behind Nick... So, do it again with a karaoke track. Look on YouTube of check out our karaoke bed track link on the forum.

2). What I can tell from this is, you have a nice voice...  Get the guitar part done first, then move to the vocal part.

I can coach you through this song and help you to sing it better. Consider taking a few lessons with me and lets really get serious about your singing.

I hope this helps.