Better Than You Left Me - Cover

Rate this topic

Hey guys! I'm brand new to the community here and I was just wondering if someone would review my vocals on Better Than You Left Me. I'm a beginner vocalist. I've had 2 or 3 lessons so far but looking forward to growing!

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hi Gossipry, welcome to TMV World Reviews!

It is clear to me that you have a beautiful voice or... the potential to train an incredible voice, however you have a journey of work ahead of you. Taking voice lessons are a really good idea. I don't think you would be wasting your time to pursue singing lessons.

1). Are you only singing songs, or are you training technique as well? As a beginner, if you are only singing songs and not training techniques, then you are going to struggle to make rapid gains and progress as a singer. You have to work the voice out and train, in addition to singing songs.

2). The next time you do a review, don't give us a video with your head cut off?  It is helpful to see your head, so we can see what you are doing with your mouth and tongue.

3). Overall, I can hear sound colors in your voice that are nice and have promise to be something real great, if you dedicated yourself to serious training... But as it is, your voice is very underdeveloped, weak, windy, lacking in a lot of compression of the vocal folds which could amplify your voice more and minor pitch issues. This is nothing unusual... your just a beginner is all, so don't take that as a bummer, its just the reality. 

You have a lot of potential as far as I can hear, but be prepared to train and really get to work to do it for real. 

I do offer a home study training program that will help you a lot with that. You can learn more about that here: www.TheFourPillarsofSinging.com. And I offer lessons over the internet.

Nice effort. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and understand what youre saying. When I posted this I had just begun a daily routine of vocal workouts and have seen a definite improvement in my clarity (already in this short period of time!). 

• 3 weeks later...