Rate this topic

Danielformica

Great video clip!

I havel learned Breath control and support (the recoil) and i've learnt the so called "cry" on how to get a nice rounded sound to my voice. I wonder what the mix "mixed" with? Cause I know what belting is, or correctly said, I understand the concept of belting. I have a very bright and "head colorish" voice now and only can sing quietly. I have a nice mask resonance so this is not a problem. I just wonder what I need to tell my teacher in order to get my volume to sing like in this example: between 1.23-1.58

I have a very soft chest voice as well, just to let you know. I want a more meaty sound without belting, and I suppose this is the mix. But what do I need to exercise on in my terms? My teacher is a similar to Estill voice teaching, and she is a great teacher too. I can't sing louder. I could make a nice jazz singer, but like you say Daniel Formica, I want to be able to have more choices :)!!!!

Unfortunately I am in UK :(

May I also add that you will develop the ability to sing with thicker and stronger vocal fold adduction and lean into the voice more (when called for or desired) by improving your support and breath management....but not everyone agrees on this.

Humming,

Two female singers you might want to study because they are extremely skilled with singing both softly and powerfully (but not breathy) whenever they choose are Lara Fabian and K.D. Lang.

ronws, VideoHere, you've inspired me now for the next song I am going to try to improve. It's my kind of thing, just that I wouldn't be able to sing it well now and need to practice. Hummingbird, I like your singing as it is.

My new project :D

:

Awesome, Rosa, Thanks for linking that in. I like to think of kd as one of our national treasures. She has everything. The smooth voice, the technique that you don't notice, and the presentation. She holds the note even through the rousing applause because she is working. 

I discovered this video some years ago and know it by heart, the speech and all. :D I have improved a lot in the last months, because I can sing this song much better than before...I've always sung, but just for myself, so I would give up whenever I couldn't sing a note, would change scales or skip that part. Now I have to get to sing this one well, getting closer! :D  :)