My New Stevie Nicks Tribute Band, "White Winged Dove"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone!

What a great forum this is, I am enjoying reading, and listening to all of you talented people :)

I would love it, if you would take a listen to my Stevie Nicks Tribute Band, White Winged Dove.

This is taken from our fifth rehearsal, recorded on a tiny recorder so no pro setup yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n6wxomR0KQ

Since it was recorded on a mini recorder, not run directly thru a board, etc. the vocals

are not as "clear" as they are live.

But, I would so appreciate any thoughts or suggestions you have for me?

Thanks, and all the best to you all!

♥ Barbara

Man, do you EVER sound like Stevie! Too much reverb drowning out your lovely voice though Barbara. If you have any recordings of the backing music and your voice separately I'd absolutely love to mix them for you! For that matter if you could record anything accapella with no reverb etc and email it to me I can make it sound like a real recording studio.

Welcome to our family! ;)

"GIDDYUP!"

Man, do you EVER sound like Stevie! Too much reverb drowning out your lovely voice though Barbara. If you have any recordings of the backing music and your voice separately I'd absolutely love to mix them for you! For that matter if you could record anything accapella with no reverb etc and email it to me I can make it sound like a real recording studio.

Welcome to our family! ;)

WOW, Snax! Thank you so much!!!

I will definitely take you on your offer!

I just got my VoiceLive, and am still tweaking the reverb,

that was a lot on that recording, LOL!

I will def. do an acapella recording for you soon,

and I would love to hear what you do!!!

Thank you for welcoming me, I have a big smile now!!!

Thanks again, you made my night :)

Barbara

My pleasure. :)

Just a coincidence but my mothers name is also Barbara and "Stevie" is what I called my little brother who sadly passed away in 2004 from Diabetes.

When it comes to reverb etc less is more. It's great for softening screams and for adding ambiance but it's so easy to overdo it. Trust me, I've only recently begun getting my own recordings to sound authentic. You can hear an example here... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/9y7wnn.mp3

"GIDDYUP!"

Snax, I was just listening to your "Alone" when you posted that reply :)

Totally awesome! I just love your voice! I have never heard a male

sing that song, and you sing it better (bar Heart and Ann Wilson, of course) than

any of the ladies. I love the "ooohs" .... WOW!

I am so very happy to be here, among such talent, I am honoured!

Thank you!

My pleasure. :)

Just a coincidence but my mothers name is also Barbara and "Stevie" is what I called my little brother who sadly passed away in 2004 from Diabetes.

When it comes to reverb etc less is more. It's great for softening screams and for adding ambiance but it's so easy to overdo it. Trust me, I've only recently begun getting my own recordings to sound authentic. You can hear an example here... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/9y7wnn.mp3

I am very sorry to hear about your Brother, Snax. My Mother's name is also Barbara!

Yeah, I need to tweak the reverb, still learning how to work the VoiceLive :)

Thanks so so much, again.

Hey, what do you think of the "Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy" training DVDs?

I was thinking of saving up to purchase in the New Year.

I don't know anyone who has used them, personally, so would love to

know if you have heard of reviews?

Thanks again, I love it here :) ♥

A great tip for the Voice Live is to use just a little reverb on the entire vocal on one preset and set up another one with a stereo (or mono) 1/4 note delay. Adjust the volume so that it is only heard just a little louder your revered voice preset. Then click the delay effect on and off at the right moment to give some pizzaz to your high notes or for dramatic effect here and there.

"GIDDYUP!"

A great tip for the Voice Live is to use just a little reverb on the entire vocal on one preset and set up another one with a stereo (or mono) 1/4 note delay. Adjust the volume so that it is only heard just a little louder your revered voice preset. Then click the delay effect on and off at the right moment to give some pizzaz to your high notes or for dramatic effect here and there.

EEK! I don't know how to do two preset changes yet! haha! I literally just got this before that rehearsal you heard, I will write down your thoughts, and check the manual on how to do it! Thanks again! Really. I am so happy to be among such talented and knowledgeable artists!

Glad to help. The setting is a handy one and a quick review of your manual will get you going. What you want is for the reverb to stay constant but the echo repeats to come on when you click to the other preset and off again. The delay should repeat once or twice depending on what you want. I did pretty much the same thing for Ron this evening on his Rainbow In The Dark you can check out here... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/sehfmw.mp3

Every now and then you'll hear the delay repeats kick in, especially on the high note at the end of the song. That's the effect I'm talking about.

"GIDDYUP!"

Glad to help. The setting is a handy one and a quick review of your manual will get you going. What you want is for the reverb to stay constant but the echo repeats to come on when you click to the other preset and off again. The delay should repeat once or twice depending on what you want. I did pretty much the same thing for Ron this evening on his Rainbow In The Dark you can check out here... https://files.me.com/muskysnax/sehfmw.mp3

Every now and then you'll hear the delay repeats kick in, especially on the high note at the end of the song. That's the effect I'm talking about.

Awesome! Thanks so much, Mike!

I sent you a friend request on FB, too! ♥