TMV Forum Poll : Let Us Know What Vocal Techniques Are You Working on?

Rate this topic

Robert Lunte

• 1 month later...

I am finding that for me I get a different bridging depending on intimacy or energy of the piece. Not a simple one thing does it all. I like adding guts to the voice and need to be careful not to overdo it and have it all come from the throat as the open throat keeps my voice strong and enduring while closing it may sound good but chokes it off and limits my time of singing. With that the bridging is also effected so just working on it all at once. Any ideas from the crew to add to my own thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Jim

• Administrator

Robert: This poll is set up so that only 1 of the selections can be made. Did you intend for a user to respond with more than 1?

Its the first time I tried it... maybe I need to create some different settings or something... hope thats not a bummer. Needless to say folks... check out the Polling feature... its kinda cool. Create some!

• 1 month later...

mm, floating!! Dont know how many times ive heard that pharase, how long ive been practicing that technique. But I've had a problem 4-EVEr it seems at the beginning of a song. After the first phrase, i'd do "better", but the first phrase always gave me problems. Listening to some of Jaimes teaching, i realized I was taking a deep breath from the diaghbram, then "locking" the air down until the first note/word, and then trying to spin or float the air support...but the problem would continue till the next "breath" or phrase. Think I misunderstood "sip set spin" from Monohans book....

So where's the entry for "None of the above (please specify)"

Right now I'm working on a various aspects of my fioratura as I prepare for an audition in which I'm planning to sing "Vivi, tiranno" from RODELINDA by Handel. The ornament that I want to do (borrowed from Andreas Scholl) involves singing the same note four times in rapid succession staccato, the repeating same a fourth and sixth above, then doing the whole sequence of 12 notes again with the lowest a whole step higher. This sequence is repeated three times, then followed by a fioratura run, and the staccati have to be at the same fioratura speed. I can do it - I just want to make sure it's very "organic" - clean, evenly paced, and consistently placed EVERY time.

• 4 weeks later...

I just do all in my warm ups each day but not distortion, Twang or Opera. I'm perfecting my new songs right now.

Getting better at singing in middlevoice getting better doing distortionscreams high screams be fully connected and be able to bridge into my whistlevoice. BGetting better twang and placement.

It's alot to do :(