How to properly train the voice (passagio)

Rate this topic

Hello everyone!

I started getting interested in singing a couple months ago, but I am struggling a lot to sing most of the rock songs that I like. I have done my fair share of research about chest, head and mixed voice, which led me to believe that I am a baritone. The very lowest note I can sing is F2, and I can usually drag my chest voice up until G4. that means I usually experience a "crack" on Ab4. Therefore I can't sing 99% of songs unless I overcome that problem. I found out that you can learn and develop the ability to sing in the passagio zone and to connect all the registers, by doing vocal exercises. I recently downloaded an app which has about 5 scales for you to sing along. But I really don't know how much time per day I should spend doing that. Also, should I allow my voice to go into head voice, or should I push my chest voice higher until it cracks? I know this may seem dumb for some people, but I have just gotten started. Thank you!

Welcome Victor no dumb questions here... spend 2 times day 20-30 minutes if you can. Allow your voice to go to head voice and back to chest. Keeping the air flowing. Let it crack all it wants where it wants overtime during your warm up it will smooth out and over time as you train it will get seamless. Keep a steady intensity and airflow and you should notice a difference soon.. peace