Is this Garth Brooks?

Rate this topic

Rosa

Is this Garth Brooks singing?  

1. 1. Is it Garth Brooks?

• Yes
    • No

I only know him from his compilation CD, like 20 years back, and he then didn't sound very young, so I can't be sure if this is a young Garth Brooks. On that youtube page they don't agree if it is him or not. To me it sure doesn't sound like the one I know, but as I said, I can't be sure. Did you know this song when he was young?

The same happened to me yesterday with a song of Barbra Streisand. Youtube can be funny. :D

This is the Barbra Streisand that I think it's not her. Nobody has said anything there. She is good for sure. :D

As for Garth Brooks, I read he has removed all his songs from Youtube, so now the fans are taking over haha.

Yeah, probably for copyright infringement. To take a recording of someone's performance or mechanical recording distribute it elsewhere without permission is copyright infringement unless the music is "public domain," as in no holder of copyright.

We can do covers here because we buy karaoke tracks from legit dealers who have paid a blanket fee to ASCAP for use of any material in their catalog. However, if we were to put our cover of that song with the track on an album we wish to sell, we have to pay copyright to the holder, usually the songwriter or publishing company that owns the rights.

1 hour ago, VideoHere said:

Rosa,

This is Garth Brooks as well!  You'd never know it, but it is when he was also Chris Gaines.

That's one story I didn't know! :D The truth is that I don't even know Garth physically. He must have been here on TV at that time probably but I didn't see him.

1 hour ago, ronws said:

I look at the still of that vid and think of Rodney Carrington and "I think I'm Dancing with a Man."

I have wondered if Garth and Rodney are the same person. I first found Rodney last year. I spent about 3 days just watching his videos and nothing else.