At 3:25, on the lyric "Oh!..."... this is an Attack & Release Onset (Glottal Attack).  

1 member has voted

1. 1. At 3:25, on the lyric "Oh!..."... this is an Attack & Release Onset (Glottal Attack).

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dunno? Can I just get my free secret tip now?

• Administrator

Robert Lunte, "Timeless Chains". A song about my "x" Anna Christina. Enjoy.

Silently your, beauty took my breath away...
Now comes the rain, can I feel another day.
So much time has past away from that fateful day.
So much time has passed, since you turned away.

Chorus

Now timeless chains, there's no escape!
You walked Away
Just when I started to get my life back under me.

Berlin skies of gray, so cold I cannot breath
Cause I lost, mean Frau in the storm, that marked my destiny!
But here I stand defiantly mending a heart ripped to shreds of tragedy
But my face to the wind, Im washed from my sins, but you still keeps haunting me

Chorus

Timeless chains, there's no escape!
You walked Away
Just when I started to get my life back under me

So much time has past away from that fateful day.
So much time has passed since you turned away.

Chorus

Timeless chains, there's no escape!
You walked Away
Just when I started to get my life back under me!

Great job here Robert! I have written many songs for many X's lol but have never had the balls to let other people know which songs they were :41: Question, when you write songs are you showing other musicians what to play or just an outline and you "know it when u hear it"? Just curious I know you play as well as sing and didn't know if you only sing on your songs or also contribute to the musical end.

• Administrator

Sometimes I provide an outline arrangement on guitar. Other times, I have just requested a concept of what sound colors and styles I am looking for and left the final arrangements to my song writing partners... whom are very talented. But my contribution is, the original arrangement, style, lyrics, melody and singing... and production. I hire "guns" to play the instrumentation... for this studio stuff that I do.

• Administrator

Excellent, Coach !!!

But similar to what Musikman mentioned..... I've written more songs than I can count about my late wife that I just know I'll never be able to perform without "shedding a tear". I suppose I'm just TOO sensitive..... Even though SO many years have passed :(

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Musikman7002 said:

I have always been impressed with the whole package you put together musically and wondered about the process. Thanks for answering so fast.

Thanks buddy... I appreciate that. I want to lead by example with my for students as well as offer the world's best home study/training program. It takes a lot of work to do both, but... what the hell, its better then digging a ditch... so I just keep going... more to come this year for sure. 2016 should be a bit more "fun" then 2015... thanks for your support.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, ronws said:

Again, bravo, Maestro Lunte. I have always, always been a fan of your song writing. I think "oh" was a glottal onset. Explosive, on point, meant to grab the attention of the listener of the next important thing.

Ron, you win! Please report to the broadcasting booth and pick up your free Turkey!  That is correct! It is a glottal attack and your point is also correct... Attack & Release onsets have the benefit of adding a "punctual" hit to the rhythmic cue when singing. They help with rhythm. But what is less noticeable, but equally important is, no other onset activates the TA muscle for belting better then Attack & Release Onsets.

Also note that this is an example of an onset, not only for the lyric, "Oh!"... but for the entire phrase until the next breath. If you have a lyric that starts with a vowel, you have the opportunity use a glottal attack and get your TA muscle configured in a beefy position for the entire phrase... so there is your "free secret tip" for the day folks... take notes, because it is a good one... 

Ron, the A&R Onset gives me rhythmic punch like you are suggesting, but it is also setting my TA into a high closed quotient and giving me a nice beefy belt at the same time.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Adolph Namlik said:

Excellent, Coach !!!

But similar to what Musikman mentioned..... I've written more songs than I can count about my late wife that I just know I'll never be able to perform without "shedding a tear". I suppose I'm just TOO sensitive..... Even though SO many years have passed :(

Thanks Chief,

Well, lets all hope that when we write songs, they come from a source of inspiration and mean something. That is what an artist does.