Rate this topic

off the top of my head id say some Bad Company and/or Free

not sure of the key or the highest notes, but theres not much acrobatic going on...just a LOT of feel

im just guessing..I could be totally off lol

Wow!

Ready for Love and Hot Blooded are for beginners?

May I suggest you pick songs that don't have extremes of pitch or intensity or don't sit too high.

Nice easier ones that also go over really well with your audience are these:

Eagles: Take it easy.

The Doors:  Touch me

Rolling Stones: Satisfaction

Queen:  Crazy little thing called love

Neil Diamond: Sweet Caroline (A little played out but the audience loves to join in).

Hope this helps.

To me, which may explain a lot, the highs in "Hot-Blooded" are not as high as those in "Juke Box Hero."

As for why those songs, they are not the highest. I could have suggested "Smokin' " by Boston. Otherwise, we could just suggest baritone range songs. In which case, pick something from Stone Sour. Or Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Or middle of that, with a raspy tone, like Huey Lewis and the News.

47 minutes ago, JonJon said:

im thinking Hot Blooded might be pretty belty

why is ready for Love hard?

they say "Love me Tender" is pretty easy

"Ready for Love" sits right in Passaggio. I think the Top note is A4. Most of us Beginners (me included even though I have been"Singing for 40+ years) Top out at F#4 with a healthy tone.  It may be time for me to try "Ready for Love" again.

"Power of Love" is awesome for beginners, especially if you try to get the sound of Huey.

"Hungry Heart" is another good one by Bruce Springstein. Nice and Open all the way.

"Already Gone" by the Eagles.

"Can't you See" by Marshall Tucker will take you right to the edge also.

Man if you are like me and struggle to sing above C4 there is no easy rock songs hahah.  But, closest thing I can find is The Doors.  Check out these fun and easy tunes, great for warming up: 

These all stay mostly below E4 so they are great if you are not feeling too hot on the high notes but still want some classic rock to belt out. :)  Good luck man.

Green Day, good suggestion, although still has a lot of relatively tricky fourth octave songs.  Most of their choruses have some E4, F4, F#4 usually.  But I guess for normal people those aren't tough notes. :P

Even this song is kinda tricky in my opinion, but eh what do I know.  How about you Killer, is this tough at all for you?  

12 minutes ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

Green Day, good suggestion, although still has a lot of relatively tricky fourth octave songs.  Most of their choruses have some E4, F4, F#4 usually.  But I guess for normal people those aren't tough notes. :P

Even this song is kinda tricky in my opinion, but eh what do I know.  How about you Killer, is this tough at all for you?  

he first bridge area is my zone, my favorite area and best part of my voice, so I don't think it would be any harder to sing than most other songs on a technical level.

It's tricky, primarily cause it is their best song, imo and he did it a well. There are a few options: Before I could bridge I used a well supported shout, open throat, etc. If you listen to early era Green Day live his pitch is a bit erratic and he was bellowing lot. Actually he still does this sometimes, but apparently can clean up his act a little.

If I were to do it now I'd probably instinctively lighten a bit of weight, mostly with the vowels. Instead of a full on 'open' throat, oh, uh, and ah, it would probably be moved incrementally closer to the vowel in book which would keep some of the shout quality, but alleviate some of the weight. I've got company, otherwise I'd sing it right at this moment. Remind me if I forget, haha. This sounds like fun. :4:

1 minute ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

It is definitely a fun song!  I'd love to do it too, but taking a break from the ole "bovine bellow" as you graciously put it heheh.  Still trying to sell out from being the last true chest puller hahahahah.  

You gotta love the moo moo. It's kind of a foghorn. When you get your bridge a bit more down you can put a bit more back. :P But cows are heavy and fat so they can't jump that high, right. Hahaha.

Doors is nice. Wicked Game on the HIM version is quite nice. Peter Frampton may or may not be easy. Some songs from Bowie are doable, some songs from Whitesnake, Pink Floyd has some very interesting interpretations that would help you build your sense for dynamics and metrics.

Johnny Cash is also interesting to study. Some songs from The Beatles like Come Together MAY work depending on how your voice behaves on the mid range. Rolling Stones can work if you don't try to be aggressive.

Breaking the Law is a nice one.

Some stuff from Metallica like Mama Said are nice. Matchbox Twenty too.

Plush is nice. Black from Pearl Jam will force you to work your phrasing.

If you are into Deep Purple, Black Night is a somewhat simple song.

I would not worry about aggressive stuff  or high singing. Pick some songs on other genres too btw.

On 1/23/2016 at 7:00 PM, JonJon said:

im thinking Hot Blooded might be pretty belty

why is ready for Love hard?

they say "Love me Tender" is pretty easy

If you're gonna do it like Paul Rodgers "Ready for love" has some tricky belts spots and those "Ready for loves" need to be spot on.  

I'd say if a beginner wanted to do a Bad Co. song, "Feel like making love" might be a less difficult choice..just my thoughts..

8 hours ago, VideoHere said:

If you're gonna do it like Paul Rodgers "Ready for love" has some tricky belts spots and those "Ready for loves" need to be spot on.  

I'd say if a beginner wanted to do a Bad Co. song, "Feel like making love" might be a less difficult choice..just my thoughts..

I think that song is so damn hard haha... honestly though, just being able to do a song that repeatedly says "I feel like making love." justice is probably the hardest part. :D Also, high G on an "ee" vowel for every chorus.  That could definitely be tricky for beginners.. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

I think that song is so damn hard haha... honestly though, just being able to do a song that repeatedly says "I feel like making love." justice is probably the hardest part. :D Also, high G on an "ee" vowel for every chorus.  That could definitely be tricky for beginners.. 

I see what you mean.  It depends on the individual. I know for me, there are songs I do that are difficult, and they remain difficult but you have to challenge yourself.  

Let me offer a few tricks for the "Feel like making love" part.

See with "feel" you have to soften it so you don't lock.

You sing "feel" but you think "VEH"....the "V" will keep you flowing better than the "F" and drop the "L" in "feel" because you'll be using the "L" from like.

"VEH" "LAHK" = "feel like"

Remember to get right off the "feel" and get right over to the "like" 

Don't sing Feeeee Lahk.  You Want Fee Laaaaahk..

Ride the "like" not the "feel

all together just think this......."veh" "lahk" "mehkn" "luh" 

Hope I've helped.

7 hours ago, VideoHere said:

I see what you mean.  It depends on the individual. I know for me, there are songs I do that are difficult, and they remain difficult but you have to challenge yourself.  

Let me offer a few tricks for the "Feel like making love" part.

See with "feel" you have to soften it so you don't lock.

You sing "feel" but you think "VEH"....the "V" will keep you flowing better than the "F" and drop the "L" in "feel" because you'll be using the "L" from like.

"VEH" "LAHK" = "feel like"

Remember to get right off the "feel" and get right over to the "like" 

Don't sing Feeeee Lahk.  You Want Fee Laaaaahk..

Ride the "like" not the "feel

all together just think this......."veh" "lahk" "mehkn" "luh" 

Hope I've helped.

Cool tips, thanks man. :)