You are all my rainbows in the dark

Rate this topic

ronws

I don't know where else to post this so, tough, ya'll are stuck with it here. An angel within this forum gave me a gift that has meant the world to me. A complete mic rig. A real mic, and all the stuff including USB interface to allow me to record on my computer. And it has made the biggest difference. Even now, a new version of my latest cover, "Rainbow in the Dark" is being mixed. As always, critiques are welcome. Or you don't have to say anything (sometimes, no news is good news :) ).

But the point of this thread is to express my gratitude to all of you here, including our benefactor, Robert Lunte for providing this forum. I have learned so much being here and continue to learn more. And the generosity here is truly from the heart. In the latest track I have recorded, I was inspired by Dio's performance at Wacken in 2004 and end it with an a capella dedication to all those here in this forum. You guys are all aces, in my estimation. Thanks to jonpall and Thanos for kicking my butt once in a while. Thanks to Mike, for the grace and humility that are as much a part of him as that truly god-like, phenomenal voice of his. Thanks to Robert Lunte for the gracious and boundless generosity of his spirit, that truly walks the walk and talks the talk. He is the singer's singer, if there ever was one.

You all can reply to this, or not, as you feel. Just know that I am thankful for being here and the support of this community in our shared passion. Blessings to all of you.

I don't know where else to post this so, tough, ya'll are stuck with it here. An angel within this forum gave me a gift that has meant the world to me. A complete mic rig. A real mic, and all the stuff including USB interface to allow me to record on my computer. And it has made the biggest difference. Even now, a new version of my latest cover, "Rainbow in the Dark" is being mixed. As always, critiques are welcome. Or you don't have to say anything (sometimes, no news is good news :) ).

But the point of this thread is to express my gratitude to all of you here, including our benefactor, Robert Lunte for providing this forum. I have learned so much being here and continue to learn more. And the generosity here is truly from the heart. In the latest track I have recorded, I was inspired by Dio's performance at Wacken in 2004 and end it with an a capella dedication to all those here in this forum. You guys are all aces, in my estimation. Thanks to jonpall and Thanos for kicking my butt once in a while. Thanks to Mike, for the grace and humility that are as much a part of him as that truly god-like, phenomenal voice of his. Thanks to Robert Lunte for the gracious and boundless generosity of his spirit, that truly walks the walk and talks the talk. He is the singer's singer, if there ever was one.

You all can reply to this, or not, as you feel. Just know that I am thankful for being here and the support of this community in our shared passion. Blessings to all of you.

ron, you're aces in my book buddy. you contributed a hell of a lot........bob

Thanks, jonpall. In fact, I am having a Diet Coke, right now.

Thanks, Bob. You are also an inspiration. You are a smidge are a little over a decade older than I am and still going strong, and that is hope for me. And you approach this from the same layman's approach as I do. I get so much from your "here's how I see it" explanations, as well as the "just let it all hang out and go for it" mixed with dedicated application of newly learned technique. As well as your honesty in your triumphs. It wasn't that long ago that you were happy to add just 1/2 step to your range and now you are in a new octave.

And I try to help, knowing that some others, like me, lack the proper vocabulary for the voice and some pedagogy. And so, if I can explain it simply enough that an electrician like myself can understand it, maybe someone else can gain benefit. But it's all here. Everyone here is truly into this craft and the desire to help others achieve their goals. And polite enough, even, to point out when we have a booger hanging off of our nose, so to speak. As well as saying, well done. I get compliments from others around me who are not vocal professionals, who don't even really sing, for that matter, but that is also good because they are truly representative of the average listening public. But here, you guys are my peers. No excuses, yet no malice.