Jump to content

What is this technique called an how do I practice it?

Rate this topic

Ryan Plant

Recommended Posts

At the very beginning of the song when he sings "Hold", the vocals just jump up an octave. When I try to sing like that I end up climbing up to that note. But in this video it almost sound like the that specific note is copy/pasted. I don't hear any climb, it's like the vocals just break and instantly jump an octave higher. What is this technique called and how do I learn it?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...