Gsoul82

What Is It About A Voice That Gives People Chills?

Rate this topic

LOL

Sure as hell could have been for her at one time (and still may be).  We really don't know bud.

There's songs that you cannot tell just by looking at them.

man. if I listened to you id never even try to sing lol

if she can pull it off live, while playing guitar and dancing around...it aint THAT hard lol

hard is 50 takes in the studio and you still barely pull it off and youll never hit it live lol

You simply cannot tell the difficulty or ease a singer may be having, or maybe not the difficulty but the amount of energy or exertion going on....especially down below.

Just look the grand opera singers.

You know I just watched this (again) and while I'm a straight guy, his B4 got to me.  At 2:41 When Pavarotti looked at him as if to say "you got this Michael." Here he is, a Rock/Pop/R&B guy and the power and vibrato was really something else. You just can see that was a personal highlight for Bolton. 

I would like to join in on this topic because it is something I have pondered often. For me I believe it's all about making you feel the emotion of the song. There aren't nearly enough singers who feel a song deeply enough to make me feel it, that being said there is one who always makes me feel and believe it, her name is Beth Hart. I am going to attach one of her songs. Let me know if you get goosebumps also.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:49 AM, Kat said:

I would like to join in on this topic because it is something I have pondered often. For me I believe it's all about making you feel the emotion of the song. There aren't nearly enough singers who feel a song deeply enough to make me feel it, that being said there is one who always makes me feel and believe it, her name is Beth Hart. I am going to attach one of her songs. Let me know if you get goosebumps also.

I watched the whole thing and it didn't do that for me. I was wondering if that feeling could be generated in you independent of whether you're into the stuff the singer is singing.